1. In decreasing price of a motor bike by 10% number of bikes sold is increased by 10%. What is the change in overall sales?
(c) remains same
(d) may increase or may decrease
2. The radius of circle is increased by 20% its area is increased by:
(d) no change
3. A 30-ounce solution is 25% alcohol. If 60-ounces of water are added to it what percent of the new solution is alcohol?
4. 80% of the workers working in a company wear jeans. Of these 20% wear jeans that are black what percent of the workers wear jeans that are not black?
5. Two trains travel in the same direction at 50 and 32 km/h. A man in slower train observes that the faster train passes him in 15 seconds. The length of faster train is:
6. A train 110 meters long passes a telegraph pole in 3 seconds. How long will it take to cross a platform 165 meters long?
(a) 4 seconds
(b) 4.5 seconds
(d) 10 seconds
7. Two trains for Lahore leave Rawalpindi at 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM and travel at 60 km/h and 70 km/h. How many kilometers from Rawalpindi will the two trains be together:
8. A train traveling at 36 km/h took 10 seconds to pass a stationary man. What was the length of the train?
9. A train 100 meters long traveling at 48 km/h completely crosses a bridge in 30 seconds. How long is the bridge:
10. If part of tank filled in one hour = 1/10 then time required to fill the tank.
11. An inlet pipe can fill a tank in 10 hrs and an outlet pipe empties the same full tank in 20 hrs. The time required to fill the tank when both pipes are opened.
12. The price of a book increases by 10% in June but in July it decreases by 10%. What is its price at the end of July if its original price was 200?
13. The price of a cap is increases by 25%. By how much percent should its price be decreased now to get the original price?
14. Saima gets 50% that of her brother. Her brother gets what percent of Saima?
15. The population of a town increases at a rate of 15% per year. At present population is 4000. What will it be after 2 years?
16. A lady spends 10% of her budget on utility bills and 75% of remaining on food provisions. If she is left with 558 what is her total budger?
17. The population of a state annually increases at the rate of 15%. If its present population is 79350 what was its population two years ago?
18. Imran got 20% increase in his salary at the end of 1st year. At the end of 2nd year he got an increase of 10%. If his present income is 19800 what was his income two years ago?
19. A train 100 meters long completely crosses a bridge 300 meters long in 45 seconds. What is the speed of the train:
(a) 32 km/h
(b) 36 km/h
(c) 40 km/h
(d) 48 km/h
20. A train 100 meters long completely passes a man walking in the same direction at 6 km/h in 5 seconds and a car in the same direction in 6 seconds. The speed of car is:
(a) 18 km/h
(b) 20 km/h
(c) 24 km/h
(d) 1/9 km/h
21. If As 1 days work = 1/20 then time required to finish the job (in days)
22. Alia can complete an assignment in 5 days and Babar can complete the same assignment is 20 days. The time taken by both Alia and Babar to complete the assignment working together is
(a) 3 days
(b) 5 days
(c) 4 days
(d) 2 days
23. Asghar can do a job in 60 days. And both Asghar and Babar can do the same job in 20 days working together. Babar alone can do the same job in
(a) 30 days
(b) 60 days
(c) 28 days
(d) 45 days
24. X can do a job in 16 days Y can do the same job in 20 days X Y and Z can do the job in 7.5 days. Alone Z can do the same job in
(a) 100 days
(b) 120 days
(c) 80 days
(d) 48 days
25. Stations P and Q are situated 200 km apart. Two trains start from stations P and Q simultaneously. The train starting from station P goes towards station Q at 100 km per hour. The train starting from station Q goes towards station P at 150 km per hour. At what distance from station P will the two trains cross each other?
(a) 20 km
(b) 40 km
(c) 30 km
(d) 80 km
26. The sum of two numbers is 40 and their difference is 4.The ratio of the numbers is
27. A businessman allows a discount of 5% for cash payment. How much percent above the cost price should be marked to make a gain of 14%?
28. A sum of money at simple interest doubles in 10 years. In how many years will it amount to 4 times itself?
(a) 25 years
(b) 35 years
(c) 30 years
(d) 75 years
29. A military camp has provision for 50 days. If after 10 days 500 more soldiers joined the camp and the provisions lasted for 35 days only. How many men were there in the camp?
30. If 9 men or 15 women can do a piece of work in 25 days, then 39 men and 10 women will complete the same work in?
(a) 4 days
(b) 6 days
(c) 5 days
(d) 7 days
31. A reduction of 20% in the price of rice enables a person to buy 3.5 kg more rice for Rs.385.The original price of rice per kg is?
32. As ‘Wheel’ is related to ‘Vehicle’ similarly ‘Clock’ is related to what?
33. As ‘Plateau’ is related a ‘Mountain’, similarly ‘Bush’ is related to what?
34. If the position of Shaher Yar Akbar is 15th from one end and 13th from the other end in his class, what is the total number of students in his class?
35. Aslam Khan starting from a fixed point goes 15 km towards North and then after turning to his right he goes 15 km. Then he goes 10, 15 and 15 metres after turning to his left each time. How far is he from his starting point?
(a) 5 metres
(b) 10 metres
(c) 20 metres
(d) 15 metres
36. Effat goes 12 km towards North from a fixed point and then she goes 8 km towards South from there. In the end she goes 3 km towards east. How far and in what direction is she from her starting point?
(a) 7 km East
(b) 5 km West
(c) 7 km West
(d) 5 km North-East
37. A certain distance is covered at a certain speed. If half of this distance is covered in double the time, the ratio of the two speed is
38. Sum of the ages of A and B at present is 7 times the difference in their age. After five years, the sum of their ages will be 9 times the difference in their ages. The present age of the elder of the two is therefore …………
(a) 10 years
(b) 20 years
(c) 35 years
(d) none of these
39. At present, father’s age is 4 times his son’s age. If 5 years back, father’s age was 35 years, what is son’s present age, in years?
40. Thirty men take 20 days to complete a job working 9 hours a day. How many hour a day should 40 men work to complete the job?
(a) 8 hrs
(b) 71/2 hrs
(c) 3. 7 hrs
(d) 9 hrs
41. A and B can do a piece of work in 45 days and 40 days respectively. They began to do the work together but A leaves after some days and then B completed the remaining work n 23 days. The number of days after which A left the work was
42. On sports day, if 30 children were made to stand in a column, 16 columns could be formed. If 24 children were made to stand in a column, how many columns could be formed?
43. The probability that a man will be alive for 25 years is 3/5 and the probability that his wife will be alive for 25 years is 2/3. Find the probability that only the man will be alive for 25 years.
44. Some green are blue. No blue are white.
(a) Some green are white
(b) No white are green
(c) No green are white
(d) None of the above
45. Right to freedom from illegal detention is secured through
(d) Habeas Corpus
46. Euthanasia means
(a) Surgery by consent
(b) Transfer by consent
(c) Divorce by consent
(d) Death by consent
47. Average age of students of an adult school is 40 years. 120 new students whose average age is 32 years joined the school. As a result the average age is decreased by 4 years. Find the number of students of the school after joining of the new students:
48. The cost of 16 packets of salt, each weighing 900 grams is Rs.28.What will be the cost of 27 packets, if each packet weighs 1Kg?
49. A piece of cloth cost Rs 35. If the length of the piece would have been 4m longer and each meter cost Rs. 1 less , the cost would have remained unchanged. How long is the piece?
50. In a journey of 15 miles two third distance was travelled with 40 mph and remaining with 60 mph. How much time the journey takes
(a) 40 min
(b) 30 min
(c) 120 min
(d) 20 min