CSS Past Papers
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS
IN B.P.S. -17, UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2006
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE PAPER- I
Time Allowed: 3 Hours Maximum Marks: 100
Note: (i) Attempt ONLY FIVE questions in all, including QUESTION NO.1, which is COMPULSORY.
(ii) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
(iii) All questions carry EQUAL marks.
1. Write only the correct answer in the Answer Book. Do not reproduce the question.
(1) From 1858 upto about 1870 nearly all British Politicians, authors blamed the Muslims for:
(a) disloyalty (b) Independence
(c) Leadership (d) None of these
(2) Indo-Muslim culture in details is overwhelmighly:
(a) Central Asian (b) Arabian
(c) Iranian (d) None of these
(3) “The Millat and Menace of Indianism” is written by:
(a) Muhammad Ali (b) Ch. Rehmat Ali
(c) Shaukat Ali (d) None of these
Check also: General Science MCQs for CSS
(4) Indian Khilafat Deputation visited England to put their views before Lloyd George in:
(a) 1940 (b) 1930
(c) 1920 (d) None of these
(5) The Lucknow Pact was conceived by:
(a) Lord Chelmsford (b) John Simon
(c) Edward Cadogan (d) None of these
(6) Sir Sikandar Hayat Khan was leader of:
(a) Muslim League (b) Unionist Party
(c) Congress (d) None of these
(7) In 1917 Kheiri Brothers suggested a plan of partition of India in the conference of the Socialist International held in:
(a) London (b) Oslo
(c) Stockholm (d) None of these
(8) In 1928 Aga Khan III advocated independence of each province at the meeting of All Parties Convention in:
(a) Patna (b) Hyderabad
(c) Calcutta (d) None of these
(9) Founder of Pakistan M.A. Jinnah declared unequivocally that “it is impossible to work a democratic parliamentary government in India” in a press interview given to:
(a) The Hindustan Times (b) Manchester Guardian
(c) The Financial Times (d) None of these
(10) Kazi Saeed-ud-Din Ahmad, an Aligarh geographer clearly demarcated areas to substantiate the two nation theory were in all:
(a) Four (b) Six
(c) Eight (d) None of these
Read also: Science and its Branches
(11) On 7th August, 1947 Muhammad Ali Jinnah left India for the last time and flew to:
(a) Quetta (b) Lahore
(c) Karachi (d) None of these
(12) Junagadh was a small maritime state and had an area of:
(a) 4500 Sq Km (b) 9000 Sq Km
(c) 10000 Sq Km (d) None of these
(13) Tethys’s deposits finally turned to be:
(a) Western Ghats (b) Himalayas
(c) Karakoram (d) None of these
(14) The Salt Range lies in the large accumulation of pure salt at Khewra and:
(a) Attock (b) Jhelum
(c) Kalabagh (d) None of these
(15) Land holdings in Pakistan are characterized by:
(a) Huge farms (b) Very big farms
(c) Large farms (d) None of these
(16) The Pakistan Forest Institute, a national organization was established in:
(a) 1957 (b) 1947
(c) 1967 (d) None of these
(17) Relics of stone tools found in caves and terraces that date back to Pleistocene period have been discovered in:
(a) Sind (b) Punjab
(c) Balochistan (d) None of these
(18) National Highway Authority receipts to the tune of 1850 million rupees have been reported by May:
(a) 2002 (b) 2003
(c) 2004 (d) None of these
(19) Recent earthquake of October, 2005 was result of:
(a) Volcanic Activity (b) Tectonic dislocation
(c) Severe flooding (d) None of these
(20) Pakistan’s foreign policy is the safe-guarding of its sovereignty, security and:
(a) International relations (b) External trade
(c) Territorial integrity (d) None of these
CSS Past Papers | GENERAL KNOWLEDGE PAPER- I (PAKISTAN AFFAIRS)
2. Describe the most notable features of Muslims in India in the light of their monotheistic religion and egalitarian social structure.
3. Discuss the role of the Muslim Majority provinces in the establishment of Pakistan.
4. Assess and account for the problems which the Quaid-i-Azam had to face as Governor General of Pakistan.
5. Highlight the various characteristics of Pakistani culture. Bring out the importance of customs and traditions in the whole country.
6. Summarize government measures to improve the agricultural productivity in the light of introducing new irrigation projects.
7. Describe distribution of Iron and Steel industry of Pakistan. Evaluate its role in industrial progress of the country.
8. “Political map of Pakistan is the outcome of its geo-strategic location”. Give a reasoned account for the statement.