WELCOME TO CSS TIMES DAY BY DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS, YOUR BEST SOURCE FOR UP-TO-DATE AND DAILY TOP CURRENT AFFAIRS 2020 FOR PREPARATION OF CSS, PMS, BANKING, NTS, RAILWAYS AND ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS. “DAY TO DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS” BASICALLY IS TOP 10 NEWS SUMMARY ON CURRENT HAPPENINGS OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANCE FOR ALL EXAMINATIONS
November 05, 2020: National / International Current Affairs
1. Pakistan, Bosnia sign accord for illegal migrants` return
• Pakistan and Bosnia and Herzegovina on November 4, 2020 signed a bilateral readmission agreement paving the way for repatriation of nearly 3,000 illegal Pakistani migrants.
• The agreement was signed during a two-day visit of the Chairman of the Tripartite Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina Sefik Dzaferovic.
• The Bosnian leader is accompanied by a high-level delegation including the minister for security and presidential advisers.
• The agreement was signed after talks between the two countries
2. Minister makes 1st ever 5G international experimental video call
• The First ever fastest 5-G video call experiment has been carried out successfully in Pakistan.
• Federal Minister of IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin ul Haque using Zong 4G made a 5G video call to Beijing and enjoyed the best quality of Video and audio which is the unique feature of 5-G, said a press release issued here Wednesday.
• The Inauguration ceremony of experimental 5G video call was held at Zong Headquarter Islamabad.
3. Govt approves “Rolling Spectrum Strategy 2020-2023”
• Federal government has approved three-year “Rolling Spectrum Strategy 2020-2023” to ensure fast telecom network.
• This was the main goal of the Spectrum Master Plan and the report has been developed by incorporating international best practices that are applicable to Pakistan.
• The Spectrum Master Plan provides a future roadmap for spectrum allocation as well as spectrum-related policy reviews that are anticipated to take place between 2020 and 2023.
4. Zahida Parveen posted as Secretary Information
• The federal Cabinet has posted Zahida Parveen, a BS-22 officer of Information group as Secretary Information, Establishment and Broadcasting Division has issued the notification in this regard.
• According to notifications, the outgoing Secretary Information Akbar Durrani has been directed to report to Establishment Division.
• The notification stated “Zahida Parveen, a BS-22 officer of Information Group, presently posting in Establishment Division, is transferred and posted as Secretary Information & Broadcasting Division with immediate effect and until further orders.
5. Pakistan-EU security dialogue next year
• Pakistan and the European Union on November 4, 2020 agreed to commence their bilateral security dialogue from next year.
• Pakistan and the EU `agreed to hold the first meeting of the new EU-Pakistan Security Dialogue in 2021, including on the fight against terrorism`, said a joint statement issued at the conclusion of the fifth round of their bilateral strategic dialogue, which was held virtually.
6. ADB to give $10bn for development in five years
• The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will provide about $10 billion in fresh assistance to Pakistan over the next five years to speed up economic recovery process.
• This was agreed in a virtual meeting between Federal Minister for Economic Affairs Makhdum Khusro Bakhtyar and Asian Development Bank (ADB) Vice President Shixin Chen.
• Secretary Economic Affairs Division Noor Ahmad and ADB`s Country Director also attended.
7. Biden forges ahead as Trump mounts legal challenge
• At least 160 million Americans voted in the 2020 presidential election on November 4, 2020 but failed to get the desired result by Wednesday afternoon a clear winner to rule the country for the next four years.
• In the afternoon, President Donald Trump, who is seeking a second term at the White House, made it obvious that he would not accept the election results if he lost. Instead, he asked the Supreme Court which is already dominated by Republican judges to decide
8. Iran unveils homemade ballistic missile launcher
• Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) on November 4, 2020 unveiled an indigenous ballistic missile launching system, Tasnim news agency reported.
• The automated system, used for launching multiple long-range ballistic missiles, is manufactured by the IRGC’s aerospace force, Tasnim said.
9. Israeli army destroys Palestinian village in West Bank
• Israel`s army has demolished the homes of nearly 80 Palestinian Bedouins in the occupied West Bank, officials and witnesses said on Wednesday, in a rare operation targeting an entire community at once.
• Late on Tuesday, Israeli bulldozers razed the village -including tents, sheds, portable toilets and solar panels near Tubas in the Jordan Valley, according to a photographer at the scene, who found dozens of people left homeless
10. Hockey great Rasheed Junior is no more
• Pakistan hockey suffered a huge loss with the passing away of former national captain and hockey legend Abdul Rasheed Junior in Islamabad after a brief illness at the age of 79.
• The former Olympian regarded as one of the finest centre-forwards the country ever produced was a gifted spearhead who held many records in the days when Pakistan were a real force in hockey at the international level
Watch Daily Top10 News on Youtube
Check our daily updated ‘s Complete Day by Day Current Affairs Notes
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (October 02, 2020) for CSS, PMS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (October 01, 2020) for CSS, PMS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (July 04, 2020) for CSS, PMS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (July 03, 2020) for CSS, PMS
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (26 June 2020)
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (July 02, 2020) for CSS, PMS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (July 01, 2020) for CSS, PMS