Every aspirant knows the importance of English language and vocabulary. In order to facilitate the aspirants, we have started a new trend of posting vocabulary on our website. The vocabulary will include the words from dawn newspaper along with their meanings which will save a lot of time of the aspirants.
So, keep in touch with CSS Times for daily Dawn vocabulary with Urdu Meanings.
Please Encourage us by Liking Our Facebook page. Thanks
Daily Dawn Newspaper English Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning
November 25, 2020
1. Cabinet approves anti-rape laws providing for harsh punishments
• To curb increasing rape incidents in the country, the federal cabinet on November 24, 2020 approved in principle two anti rape ordinances that `change the definition of rape` and are aimed at awarding exemplary punishment to rapists, including chemical castration and hanging, but not in public.
• A meeting of the cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan, also endorsed a recent decision of the Economic Coordination Committee regarding restructuring and retrenchment in the Pakistan International Airlines.
2. EU to provide 10m euros for Afghan refugees
• The European Union is providing 10 million euros to significantly boost the UNHCR`s assistance for Afghan refugees and their host communities in Pakistan.
• The funding will focus on mitigating the short and medium-term impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
• With this funding, the UNHCR will expand its health response as well as improve water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) facilities in refugee and host communities. Another important component of the new project will be implementing activities that help protect and empower vulnerable Afghan refugees and host communities, including through livelihood opportunities
3. World Economic Forum holds Country Strategy Dialogue on Pakistan today
• The World Economic Forum will organise a Country Strategy Dialogue (CSD) on Pakistan today (November 25).
• Prime Minister Imran Khan will inaugurate the CSD and participate in an interactive dialogue with the President of WEF, Børge Brende, and Chairpersons and Chief Executive Officers of leading global corporations and WEF partner companies
4. HEC stops recognising 2-year graduate degree programmes
• The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has directed all higher educational institutions (HEIs) to stop two-year BA/Bsc degree programmes as the regulatory body will not recognise degrees obtained by the students enrolled in such programmes after December, 2018.
• The higher education regulator has written a letter to all public and private sector degree awarding institutions mentioning HEC has decided to phase-out the two-year degree BA/BSc degree programme.
5. Pakistan to get $300m from ADB in next few days
• Pakistan would receive $300 million from Asian Development Bank (ADB) within next few days that would build the country’s foreign exchange reserves.
• The ADB’s board of directors would meet on Friday to consider approving Proposed Policy-Based Loan for Subprogram 2 – Trade and Competitiveness Program (Pakistan). This would be the second tranche under the $800-million Trade and Competitiveness Support Programme. Earlier in August last year, the ADB had approved a $500 million loan as first tranche for budgetary support to Pakistan, restoring policy-based lending after keeping it suspended for over two years due to the deterioration in macroeconomic conditions.
6. China launches Moon probe to bring back rocks
• A rocket heading for the moon to bring back the first lunar samples in four decades blasted off from China on November 24, 2020 in the latest milestone for Beijing`s spacefaring ambitions.
• China has poured billions into its military-run space programme, with hopes of having a crewed space station by 2022 and of eventually sending humans to the Moon.
• The mission`s goal is to shovel up lunar rocks and soil to help scientists learn about the Moon`s origins, formation and volcanic activity on its surf ace.
7. Trump finally agrees to Biden transition
• President Donald Trump came his closest yet to admitting election defeat November 24, 2020 after the government agency meant to ease Joe Biden’s transition into the White House said it was finally lifting its unprecedented block on assistance.
• Trump acknowledged it was time for the General Services Administration to “do what needs to be done.”
• In the same tweet he insisted that he was still refusing to concede, saying: “Our case STRONGLY continues, we will keep up the good fight, and I believe we will prevail!”
8. Musk overtakes Gates to become world’s second richest person
• Elon Musk, the charismatic chief of electric automaker Tesla, has overtaken Bill Gates to become the world’s second richest person, according to the Bloomberg list of billionaires.
• The South African-born Musk, 49, added $7.2 billion in wealth on Monday alone following Tesla’s latest surge. He now has an estimated $128 billion.
• The outspoken Musk, who is also cofounder of SpaceX, had already overtaken numerous luminaries in recent weeks, including Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg and Bernard Arnault, the head of French luxury giant LVMH.
9. Admiral Fasih Bokhari passes away
• Retired Admiral Fasih Bokhari, the former Chief of Naval Staff Naval Chief who also served as Chairman of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), passed away in Islamabad on November 24, 2020 morning.
• Born on March 8, 1942, Bokhari replaced Admiral Mansoor-ul-Haq as Chief of the Naval Staff till his retirement on October 2, 1999.
• He became the 14th Chief of Pakistan Navy (May 2, 1997 to October 2, 1999). Later in October 2011, he was appointed as NAB chairman by the then President Asif Ali Zardari. Admiral Bokhari was commissioned in Pakistan Navy on January 1, 1959 as a Midshipman and was sent to the Britannia Royal Naval College in the United Kingdom to complete his training.
10. Air Marshal (r) Dilawar Hussain passes away
• The legendary Pakistan Air Force’s (PAF) fighter pilot Air Marshal (R) Dilawar Hussain, who was awarded Sitara-i-Jura’at for his heroics in the 1965 War against India, breathed his last on November 24, 2020.
• Chief of the Air Staff, PAF Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan has expressed heartfelt grief on the sad demise of the Great War Veteran.
Before you leave this page please Check Our Complete collection for Daily Dawn News English Vocabulary with Urdu Meanings
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (27 May 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (26 May 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (25 May 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (24 May 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (23 May 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (22 May 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (21 May 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (20 May 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (19 May 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (18 May 2022)