Federal Public Service Commission
FPSC Past Paper for the Post of Custom Inspector
1) The Mistress said, “Fanny, did you mail the two letters I gave you yesterday?”
(a) The mistress enquired of Fanny if she mailed the two letters she had given her yesterday. (Correct)
(b) The mistress enquired of Fanny if she had mailed the two letters she gave her the day before.
(c) The mistress enquired of Fanny whether she had mailed the two letters she had given her yesterday.
(d) The mistress asked Fanny if she had mailed the two letters she had given her the day before.
2) “What a hopeless fellow you are!” said the teacher to the student.
(a) The teacher told the student that you are a very hopeless fellow. (Correct)
(b) The teacher told the student that he was a very hopeless fellow.
(c) The teacher said what a hopeless fellow the student was.
(d) The teacher exclaimed that the student was what a hopeless fellow.
3) My friend said, “Hello what are you doing here?”
(a) My friend said to me hello, what I was doing there. (Correct)
(b) My friend greeted me and asked me what I was doing there.
(c) My friend said hello to me and asked me what was I doing there.
(d) My friend wished me and wapted to know that what was doing there
4) “Have ou finished your lesson, Rani?” said Mr. Zohaib to his son.
(a) Mr. Zohaib said to Rani if he had finished his lesson.
(b) Mr. Zohaib said to his son Rani that have you finished your lesson.
(c) Mr. Zohaib asked his son Rani whether he had finished his lesson. (Correct)
(d) Mr. Zohaib enquired of his son Rani that whether had he finished his lesson.
5) “Don’t answer me back like that,” said Persome to Mary.
(a) Persome asked Mary if she would not answer her back like that
(b) Persome ordered Mary don’t answer her back like that.
(c) Persome ordered Mary not to answer her back like that. (Correct)
(d) Persome said to Mary don’t answer her back like that.
6) By October next, he ______ in this college for four years.
(a) will serve
(b) will be serving
(c) will have served (Correct)
(d) would have served
7) You _______ care of your health.
(a) had better take (Correct)
(b) had better taken
(c) better had taken
(d) had better to take
8) enquired of him
(a) what do you want,
(b) what did he want,
(c) what he wanted (Correct)
(d) what he wants.
9) I _________ for him.
(a) do not care a fig (Correct)
(b) care a fig
(c) care not a fig
(d) not care a fig
10) Your must secure at least _________ marks
(c) Passing (Correct)
11) We ________ the bus. No we’ll have to walk.
(c) Have missed (Correct)
(d) Have been missed
Check also: FBR Past Papers MCQs
12) We ________ tome of the players after the performance was over.
(a) had contacted
(b) were contacted
(c) were contacting
(d) contacted (Correct)
13) ________ you all my books if you promise to be regular in your studies.
(b) shall lend (Correct)
(c) would lend
(d) would be lent
14) I wish I ________ harder
(a) was worked
(b) had worked (Correct)
(c) have been worked
(d) had been worked
15) Three hours win have passed when the be!
(a) will ring.
(b) rings (Correct)
(c) will be ringing
(d) will be rung.
16) You ________ to complete your homework before you go out
(b) ought (Correct)
(d) must have
17) I got up early so that I ________ cover most of the distance before noon
(c) might (Correct)
(d) ought to
18) _______ so many books? How are you going to read them?
(a) Need you to buy
(b) Need you buy (Correct)
(c) Must you need buy
(d) Need you have to buy
19) _________ so kind as to close the window?
(a) Will you be
(b) Would you be (Correct)
(c) Would you have been
(d) You may be
20) When I reached there, l realised that I
(a) needn’t have gone (Correct)
(b) needn’t to have gone
(c) must have not gone
(d) mustn’t to have gone
21) In a dub the ratio of the number of boys to girl is 5:3. What percentage of member of the dub are girls.
(a) 37.5% (Correct)
22) One meter is equal to
(a) 1002 millimeter
(b) 1000 millimeter (Correct)
(c) 1004 millimeter
(d) 1005 millimeter
23) 00 % employees went to a meeting, which means 40 % didn’t go on meeting, of 26 employees did not go the meeting, how many total employees are there?
(a) 70 (Correct)
(c) 118 (Correct)
25) A man starts climbing a Ml every minute he ascends 20 yards but slip down 5 yards, how long will be taken to ascend a point 80 yards high?
(a) 7 minutes
(b) 8 minutes
(c) 6 minutes
(d) 5 minutes (Correct)
26) 9 (45) 81
8 (36) 64
(a) 40,100 (Correct)
27) IF 15 men make 27 baskets in one hour. How many baskets 45 men will make in 40 minutes?
(b) 54 (Correct)
28) While watching TV from 7 PM to 8 PM you count 20 commercials each 30 seconds loop what nearest percent of the hour is taken by the commercials?
(b) 13 12
(c) 16 67% (Correct)
29) In a chowk traffic singals blinks together, but one of them blinked after 6 seconds and the other one blinks after 8 seconds after how long will those blink together again?
(a) 48 sec
(b) 24 sec (Correct)
(c) 18 sec
(d) 12 sec
30) In a case there are pigeons and rabbits, of there are 20 heads and 48 feet, then hwo many rabbits are there?
(a) 4 (Correct)
31) The average of 5 numbers is 34 if there are 28, 30, 32 then find ttie average of rest of them?
(a) 40 (Correct)
32) A student of physics obtains the average of 00 in his 4 physics tests. How many marks in his fifth test will bring the any to 05?
(a) 85 (Correct)
33) Calculate the permeter of a Rhombus with each side equal to 0 cm?
(a) 24 (Correct)
34) A man saves 24 or _____ weekly salary, what was his total weekly salary?
(b) 64 (Correct)
35) Out of a group of 80 applicants for a job 20 persons to appear for the test. What percent of the total applicants did appear for the test?
(a) 75% (Correct)
36) The ratio of 3.5 Kg to 280 gm is
(c) 25:2 (Correct)
Check also: Appraising / Valuation Officer Federal Board of Revenue (2015) (FPSC FBR Past Papers)
37) The compound ratio of 3:4, 8:15 and 25:28 is
(b) 5:14 (Correct)
38) n a class of 200 students, 120 play soccer and 100 play cricket. If a student has to play at least one game, what percentage of them play cricket but not soccer?
(b) 40% (Correct)
39) 20, 20, 19,16.. 17, 13, 14, 11,? ,?
(a) 10,10 (Correct)
(c) 15. 16
(d) 16, 17
40) Out of 100 persons 50 drink Pepsi, 40 drink coke and 20 drink both Pepsi and coke. The number of persons who neither take Pepsi nor coke is
(c) 30 (Correct)
41) Which one of the following is not an excretory organ?
(d) Adrenal gland (Correct)
42) A photoelectric cell converts ________
(a) electrical energy into light energy
(b) ght energy into electrical energy (Correct)
(c) ght energy into sound energy
(d) ght energy into heat energy
43) The image formed on the retina of the eye is:
(a) real and inverted (Correct)
(b) virtual and upright
(c) and enlarged
(d) and upright
44) Which constituent of blood takes food materials to all tissues of the body?
(a) white corpuscles (Correct)
(b) red corpuscles
45) What is an instinct?
(a) animal action not backed by thinking
(b) a deliberate action
(c) an action full of pitfalls
(d) an immature action (Correct)
46) How many muscles does a human body have?
(c) 639 (Correct)
47) Why is rest necessary after good deal of exercise or work?
(a) o rest the tired limbs
(b) o give rest to the brain
(c) o feel refreshed
(d) o neutralize poisons that are produced during exercise or work (Correct)
48) What is a Whale?
(a) a mammal (Correct)
(b) a fish
(c) a reptile
(d) a marsupial
49) The sky over the earth, in fact, looks
(a) Blue (Correct)
50) Lungs are a part of the
(a) respiratory system (Correct)
(b) excretory system
(c) circulatory system
(d) digestive system
51) What is Bacteria?
(a) Microorganism (Correct)
(b) An animal
(c) a chemical
(d) an insect
52) What is a “White Dwarf?
(a) he latest variety of improved wheat seed
(b) a lightless star which has collapsed after it Hydrogen supply has been used up (Correct)
(c) new breed of white bulls
(d) he White rulers in East Africa
53) Who is considered as the father of motion picture?
(a) Thomas Edision (Correct)
(b) Alexander Graham Bell
(c) D.W. Griffith
(d) Albert Einstein
54) Topology is a
(a) study of mountain tops
(b) study of wool or Cotton tops
(c) study of top leaderships
(d) branch of mathematics (Correct)
55) Pancreas is a large gland lying behind the stomach in human beings and animals. Scattered cell groups in the pancreas produce a hormone that acts on proteins, starches and fats. What is this hormone secreted by the pancreas?
(a) Insulin (Correct)
56) Carrots, especially when taken raw, are good source of Vitamin
(b) A (Correct)
57) Mercury is used in the thermometer because
(a) it has relatively uniform expansion
(b) it is opaque and so is easily visible in glass
(c) it does not wet or stick-to the glass
(d) it remains liquid at ordinary temperatures
(e) All of above (Correct)
58) Rest and Motion are
(a) relative terms (Correct)
(b) absolute terms
(c) negative terms
(d) positive terms
59) A vitamin that affects the ability to see in dim light is:
(a) A (Correct)
60) A man is ordering a lens to use as a reading glass. He should order:
(a) a large convex lens with short focal length (Correct)
(b) a large convex lens with long focal length
(c) a large concave lens with a short focal length
61) At the time of Ghazwa-e-Khandaq there was only one Jewish tribe left in Madina name it?
(a) Banu Quraizah (Correct)
(b) Banu Naeem
(c) Banu Qainqua
(d) Banu Aad
62) Name the Angle who is appointed at heaven?
(a) Rizwan (Correct)
63) How Many times Jannat is mentioned in the Holy Quran?
(a) 150 (Correct)
64) How many words are thers in first k«lmi8?
(c) Seven (Correct)
65) When for the first time Salat-e-kisoof was offered?
(a) 5 Hijrah (Correct)
(b) 6 Hijrah
(c) 7 Hijrah
(d) 8 Hijrah
66) What is shoot?
(a) Each of seven circuits in Tawaf (Correct)
67) How many Prophets are mentioned in Quran?
(c) 26 (Correct)
68) In which month did Prophet Muhammad Sall- Allahu alayhi wa sallam die In?
(a) Rabi al Awwal (Correct)
(b) Rabi al Thani
(d) Zul Hijjah
69) Wasq is a weight that is equal to
(a) A camel (Correct)
(b) A goat
(c) A Cow
70) To which fribe did Khalid Bin Waleed belong
(a) Banu Ummayya
(b) Banu Asad
(c) Banu Zuhra
(d) Bannu Makhzoom (Correct)
71) Sikandar Hayat Khan was the leader of?
(a) Unionist Party (Correct)
(b) Muslim League
72) Height of K-2 is?
(a) 26,250 ft
(b) 28,250 ft (Correct)
(c) 29,250 ft
73) Dasht river flows in?
(c) Balochistan (Correct)
74) India-Pakistan boundary line is-?
(a) Radcliffe (Correct)
75) Black Hole episode occurred in the regime of?
(b) Siraj-ud-Daula (Correct)
(c) Mir Qasim
76) Who united the first and founded 1 kingdom in the Punjab?
(a) Guru Nanak
(b) Guru Gobind
(c) Ranjit Singh (Correct)
77) Doctrina of lapse was introduced by?
(a) Lord Dalousie (Correct)
78) Who headed the Cabinet Mission?
(b) Pathic Lawrence
(c) A.V. Alexander (Correct)
79) Muslims included in the Simla Deputation were?
(a) 32 (Correct)
80) Pakistan Constitution Assembly was constituted in?
(a) July 20,1947 (Correct)
(b) June 20,1947
(c) June 5,1947
(d) Kalabagh is in District:
(a) Jacobbabad (Correct)
(d) Qila Katas is near.
(a) Chakwal (Correct)
(d) Qila Darawar is near
(b) Nawab Shah
(c) None (Correct)
(d) Khewra is in district:
(a) Mianwali (Correct)
(d) Soan River flows near.
(b) Dera Ismail Khan
(d) The head quarter of Green Peace international is located at: (Correct)
(b) Paris (Correct)
(d) Kampuchea is the old name of:
(a) Cambodia (Correct)
(d) Stockholm is the capital of:
(d) Article 50 of the Pakistan is concerned with: (Correct)
89) Right of freedom of religion
(a) Right of equality
(b) Right against exploitation (Correct)
(d) Which is odd man out
90) Security Council
(c) General Assembly (Correct)
(d) Which of the following countries has high per capita income:
(a) Iraq (Correct)
92) Qazf in Islam law is imposed on:
(a) False accusation of Zina (Correct)
93) In Pakistan office of Wafaqi Mohtasib was established on:
(a) 24th Jan. 1983
(b) 25th Feb. 1984 (Correct)
94) One hactre’is approximately equal to:
(a) 1.5 acre
(b) 2.47 acre (Correct)
(c) 10 acres
95) The UN Human Right Commission is based in:
(a) London (Correct)
96) Diesel Engine was invented by:
(a) Rodolf Diesel (Correct)
97) Radio telegraphy was invented by.
(a) Lord Rutherford (Correct)
98) Rocket was invented by:
(a) William Congreve (Correct)
99) Tank was invented by:
(a) Swinston (Correct)
(b) Robert William
100) Refrigerator was invented by:
(a) James Harrison
(c) Fulton (Correct)
Leave a Comment