World Geography Solved MCQs for General Knowledge MCQs Papers
1. Archipelago is a cluster of what?
(a) Flowers (b) Islands
(c) Stars (d) Trees
2. Strait of Malacca separates:
(a) Malaysia and China
(b) Malaysia and Indonesia
(c) Malaysia and Sri Lanka
(d) Black Sea & Red Sea
3. Which is the deepest lake in the world?
(a) Titicaca Lake (b) Victoria Lake
(c) Baikal Lake (d) Superior Lake
4. Ararat mountains are present in
(a) Turkey (b) Alaska
(c) Nepal (d) Morocco
5. Which is the largest Sea in the world?
(a) South China Sea
(b) Mediterranean Sea
(c) Black Sea
(d) Red Sea
6. Which is the smallest ocean of the world?
(a) Indian Ocean (b) Arctic Ocean
(c) Pacific Ocean (d) Atlantic Ocean
7. Which of the following Sea separates Asia from Africa?
(a) Arabic Sea (b) Yellow Sea
(c) Red Sea (d) None of these
8. Red Sea is situated in the Ocean?
(a) Pacific Ocean (b) Indian Ocean
(c) Atlantic Ocean (d) Arctic Ocean
9. Taj Mahal is situated on bank of river
(a) Brahmaputra (b) Ganges
(c) Jumna (d) None of these
10. Oxus River is flowing between
(a) Afghanistan and Russia
(b) Russia and Iran
(c) Russia and China
(d) Afghanistan and Tajikistan
Check Also: World General Knowledge MCQs
11. Which of the following rivers is also called yellow river?
(a) Hawang Ho River
(b) Nile River
(c) Amazon River (d) None of these
12. Which river is called “Father of Rivers”?
(a) Indus (b) Nile
(c) Amazon (d) Congo
13. Which of the following Sea is located in Central Asia?
(a) Red Sea (b) China Sea
(c) Japan Sea (d) Aral Sea
14. Which of the following towns is situated at the highest altitude?
(a) Lhasa (b) Kathmandu
(c) Windsock (d) La Paz
15. Which is the longest day in the Northern Hemisphere?
(a) 20th June (b) 21st June
(c) 22nd December(d) 23rd December
16. Churchill water fall is present in:
(a) Canada (b) England
(c) USA (d) France
17. Tugela water fall is present in:
(a) Venezuela (b) South Africa
(c) Canada (d) USA
18. Where is the coldest place in the world situated?
(a) England (b) Greenland
(c) Russia (d) Antarctica
19. Which place in the world has the least rainfall?
(a) Africa (b) Thar
(c) Mt. Everest (d) Pamir
20. For a time difference of 1 hour the longitudinal distance is equal to
(a) 30 (b) 45
(c) 15 (d) 60
21. A land-locked country in Africa is
(a) Zambia (b) Tanzania
(c) Nigeria (d) Somalia
22. South Pole is located in the continent of
(a) Africa (b) Australia
(c) Greenland (d) Antarctica
23. The atmospheric pressure at any place is measured by
(a) Altimeter (b) Pressure meter
(c) Barometer (d) Thermometer
24. Which mountain system lies between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea?
(a) Appalachians (b) Caucasus
(c) Pyrenees (d) Atlas
25. Where was the world’s first oil-well drilled in the nineteenth century?
(a) Baku in Russia
(b) Titusfills in Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
(c) Digboi is Assam, India
(d) Dhahran in Saudi Arabia
26. In which country was the first oil-well drilled in 1859
(a) Saudi Arabia (b) USA
(c) Russia (d) Venezuela
27. Which of the following countries is the largest supplier of meat?
(a) Argentina (b) Pakistan
(c) Iran (d) Arabia
28. The most severe storm is a
(a) Hurricane (b) Tornado
(c) Typhone (d) None of these
29. Which soil is best suited for deep rooted crops?
(a) Red soil (b) Black soil
(c) Literate soil (d) None of these
30. What kind of soil is treated with gypsum to make it suitable for cropping?
(a) Alkaline (b) Acidic
(c) Waterlogged (d) None of these
31. Which of the following is a Kharif crop?
(a) Wheat (b) Rice
(c) Gram (d) None of these
32. Which of the following crops needs maximum water per hectare?
(a) Barley (b) Maize
(c) Sugarcane (d) None of these
33. Caspian Sea, Dead Sea and Aral Sea are actually
(a) Lakes (b) Rivers
(c) Part of Oceans (d) Artificial Seas
34. Which is the deepest Sea of the world?
(a) Caribbean Sea
(b) Mediterranean Sea
(c) Baltic Sea
(d) Andaman Sea
35. Which is the saltiest lake of the world?
(a) Titicaca Lake (b) Assal Sea
(c) Bikal Lake (d) Caspian Sea
36. The largest island of Indian Ocean is
(a) Madagascar (b) Sumatra
(c) Baffin (d) Borneo
37. Which is the largest archipelago of the world?
(a) Indonesia (b) Malaysia
(c) West Indies (d) Japan
38. Which is the largest lake in Africa?
(a) Chad Lake (b) Nyasa Lake
(c) Victoria Lake (d)Tanganyika Lake
39. Sea of Marmara and Aegean Sea are connected by
(a) Davis Strait
(b) Mozambique Strait
(c) Dardanelles Strait
(d) Malacca Strait
40. Which is the shortest river of the world?
(a) Mekong (b) Lena
(c) Congo (d) Roe River
41. London is situated on bank of river
(a) Delaware River (b) Nile River
(c) Thames River (d) None of these
42. Brenner is a Mountain Pass (4508 ft high) situated in
(a) Italy-France (b) Italy-Austria
(c) France-Germany (d) Italy-Britain
43. In how many time zones has the world been divided?
(a) 15 (b) 24
(c) 90 (d) 180
44. Through which one of the following countries the Tropic of Cancer does not pass through?
(a) Bangladesh (b) China
(c) Myanmar (d) Nepal
45. South Africa is the largest exporter of
(a) Silver (b) Teak wood
(c) Gold (d) Lead
46. Atmospheric pressure at sea level is
(a) 750 mm (b) 760 mm
(c) 770 mm (d) None of these
47. The number of Central Asian Republics (CARs) is
(a) Five (b) Four
(c) Ten (d) Eight
48. Lakhra coal field is located
(a) North of Hyderabad
(b) South of Hyderabad
(c) East of Hyderabad
(d) West of Hyderabad
49. What is the source of Volga River?
(a) Altai Mountain
(b) Valdai Plateau
(c) Himalayas range
(d) None of these
50. Which of the following words explains a narrow strip of land separating two seas and connecting two landmarks?
(a) Isthmus (b) Strait
(c) Bay (d) Gulf
51. Sumatra Island is under the control of
(a) Malaysia (b) Indonesia
(c) Russia (d) Japan
52. Honshu Island is the part of
(a) China (b) Thailand
(c) Japan (d) Russia
53. Cuba is an island of
(a) Pacific Ocean
(b) Caribbean Sea
54. Where is Lake Superior, the largest fresh-water lake in the world, located?
(a) USA (b) Brazil
(c) Russia (d) None of these
55. Which of the following countries are situated around the lake Caspian Sea?
(a) Russia, Iran, Turkey, Tajikistan
(b) Russia Syria Turkey Kazakistan
(c) Azerbaijan, Russia, Iran, Kazakistan
(d) Azerbaijan India, China, Russia
56. The dates on which day and night is equal:
(a) 21st March and 23rd September
(b) 1st March and 3rd September
(c) 27th March and 29th September
(d) March and 24th December
57. The difference in the duration of day and night increases as one moves from:
(a) West to east
(b) East and west of the prime meridian
(c) Poles to equator
(d) Equator to poles
58. Funnel shaped clouds with violent whirl winds are named as
(a) Tsunami (b) Cirrus
(c) Tornado (d) Stratus
59. The important country close to International Date Line is
(a) Malaysia (b) Mauritius
(c) New Zealand
60. English Channel located between
(a) Italy and England
(b) France and England
(c) Germany and England
(d) None of these
61. Which of the following straits separate Malaysia from Singapore?
(a) Dover Strait (b) Johor Strait
(c) Sunda Strait (d) Palk Strait
62. Falkland Islands are disputed between two countries
(a) China and Japan
(b) England and Argentina
(c) USA and Russia
(d) None of these
63. Which is the second largest island of world?
(a) Borneo Island (b) Baffin Island
(c) New Guinea Island
64. GOTA Canal is a the ship Canal situated in
(a) Italy (b) France
(c) Sweden (d) USA
65. Red Sea is connected with Mediterranean Sea through:
(a) Volga Canal (b) Suez Canal
(c) Panama Canal (d) None of these
66. Name the mountain range found in South America
(a) Alps (b) Andes
(c) Illampu (d) Rockies
67. Where is the deepest lake located?
(a) USA (b) Netherlands
(c) Canada (d) Russia
68. Rockies Mountains are present in
(a) South America
(c) North America
69. Which of following mountains separate Asia from Europe?
(a) Ural Mountains
(b) Hindukush Mountains
(c) Alps Mountains
(d) Atlas Mountains
70. The “Roof of the World” is
(a) The Alps (b) Andes
(c) The Apennines
(d) The Pamir Plateau (Tibet)