Islamiat CSS Past Paper
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS
IN B.P.S. -17, UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2006
Time Allowed: 3 Hours Maximum Marks: 100
Note: (i) Attempt ONLY SIX questions, in all, including QUESTION NO.1 which is COMPULSORY and carries 20 marks. All other questions carry 16 marks each.
(ii) Attempt in Urdu or English.
(iii) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
1. (A) Translate the following Verses derived from the last Ten Surah of the Holy Quran: (1 Mark each)
(B) Write only the correct answer in the Answer Book. Do not reproduce the question. (1 mark each)
(1) How much surah the Quran contains:
(a) 124 (b) 109
(c) 114 (d) 220
(2) The Nisab of Zakat in gold is:
(a) 18 Tolas (b) 24 Tolas
(c) 7½ Tolas (d) 35 Tolas
(3) A verse of the Holy quran indicates the name of:
(a) Hazrat Usman (b) Hazrat Muaaz
(c) Hazrat Saad (d) Hazrat Zaid
(4) A Muslim female is coffined in :
(a) Eight sheets (b) Five sheets
(c) One sheet (d) Ten sheets
(5) The original name of Imam Bukhari is:
(a) Saeed b. Hatem (b) Ali b. Zaid
(c) Ismail (d) Muhammad b. Ismail
(6) Makka was conquered in:
(a) 5 A.H. (b) 10 A.H.
(c) 2 A.H. (d) 8 A.H.
(7) Qurbani (Holy Slaughtering) is made during Hajj at:
(a) Arafat (b) Mina
(c) Muzdalifa (d) Safa
(8) Jami – Quran is taken for:
(a) Hazrat Ali (b) Hazrat Saad
(c) Hazrat Usman (d) Hazrat Abn Masood
(9) Pious – Caliphate lasted for about:
(a) Eighteen years (b) Twenty years
(c) Thirty years (d) Five years
(10) Gathering on Arafat during Hajj is made on:
(a) 9th Zil Hajjah (b) 3rd Ramazan
(c) 2nd Safar (d) 18th Shawal
2. Write a note in detail regarding the Quranic concept of creation and folding up of the Universe. Discuss with references.
3. Produce a juristic – definition of both Ijtihad and Ijma elaborating possible role of both the above in Islamization of a state in modern time.
4. “Islam – in the mid of contemporary managements and political system – possesses its own Political management and Political system”. Discuss.
5. Muslim are being persecuted anywhere in Chechenya, Palestine, Kashmir and Iraq etc. In this scenario – are the suicide attacks by Muslims are justified? Unveil the Sharai position of the issue supported by relevant references.
6. Describe “Pan-Islamism”. Give introduction to the organization founded for Muslim world unity and their role in bringing the Muslim countries close to each other in different spheres of life.
7. How the protection and application of Islamic Culture is possible in the mid of the influences of present western culture. Describe the features of Islamic culture prior to have a comparative study of the issue.
8 Describe the right of education for a female in Islam.
9. “One man’s Terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter”. In light of the preceding quoted probe into the causes of Terrorism and separate both Jihad and Terrorism from each other after giving solid arguments.