WELCOME TO CSS TIMES DAY BY DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS, YOUR BEST SOURCE FOR UP-TO-DATE AND DAILY TOP CURRENT AFFAIRS 2022 FOR PREPARATION OF CSS, PMS, BANKING, NTS, RAILWAYS AND ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS. “DAY TO DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS” BASICALLY IS TOP 10 NEWS SUMMARY ON CURRENT HAPPENINGS OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANCE FOR ALL EXAMINATIONS
April 15, 2022: National / International Current Affairs
1. Military refutes Imran`s foreign plot narrative
• Military spokesman Maj Gen Babar Iftikhar on April 14, 2022 tried to clear the air about the alleged foreign conspiracy behind former prime minister Imran Khan`s ouster, besides announcing that Army Chief Gen Qamar Bajwa has decided to retire on November 29 this year.
• The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) director general, while speaking at a press conference, discussed the narrative being set by the PTI leaders that the party`s government was dislodged through a US-backed conspiracy as well as the smear campaign launched against the military on social media platforms.
• A vicious campaign targeting the military leadership was unleashed on social media after it stayed away from helping Imran Khan foil the opposition`s no-confidence motion on the pretext of neutrality in domestic politics despite his claims that he was facing a foreign-inspired move because of his independent foreign policy
2. Eight soldiers martyred in N. Waziristan attacks
• Eight soldiers were martyred in two terrorist attacks in North Waziristan on April 14, 2022, security sources said.
• In one incident, seven soldiers were martyred when terrorists ambushed a vehicle of security forces in Datakhel tehsil of North Waziristan tribal district.
• In the second incident, which took place in Isham area of the district, a solider was martyred in a clash between security forces and terrorists.
• As for the first attack, officials said the terrorists attacked a moving vehicle of the security forces in Datakhel near the Afghan border. Sources said the insurgents used a rocket-propelled grenade launcher and assault guns in the attack
3. AJK premier resigns from office
• Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Prime Minister Sardar Abdul Qayyum Niazi on April 14, 2022 tendered resignation from his office apparently to defuse the move by his Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) parliamentary party to replace him with regional president Sardar Tanveer Ilyas through a vote of no confidence.
• Dr Asif Hussain Shah, secretary presidential affairs, confirmed to Dawn that President Barrister Sultan Mahmood Chaudhry had received and accepted the resignation and forwarded it to the chief secretary for issuance of a formal notification in this regard.
• Mr Niazi was to face a vote of no confidence on Friday after 25 members of the PTI parliamentary party had moved a resolution to this effect against him on Tuesday under Article 18 of the AJK Constitution
4. Suri accepts resignations of 123 PTI MNAs
• The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) through social media released the notification of the National Assembly (NA) Secretariat on April 14, 2022, stating that 123 party MNAs had `resigned from their seats by writing under their hand` to the speaker.
• The notification signed by NA Secretary Tahir Hussain has declared that after submission of the resignations their seats have become vacant in terms of Article 64 (1) of the Constitution with effect fromApril11.
• The NA Secretariat officials are, however, tightlipped over the development
5. First phase of LG polls in Punjab on June 9
• The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has announced holding the much-delayed first phase of party based local government polls in Punjab on June 9, only a day before the law governing the polls is set to expire.
• An official of the ECP says the polls will be conducted under the Local Government Ordinance 2021, which will be completing its second term of life on June 10.
• It will create a difficult situation for the election body, government as well as contestants/winners of the electoral bout because as per the Constitution, an ordinance can be given extension only once and after that the government has to enact law through the Punjab Assembly to give legal cover to the action taken under the ordinance otherwise the activity shall stand null and void