Every aspirant knows the importance of English language and vocabulary. In order to facilitate the aspirants, we have started a new trend of posting vocabulary on our website. The vocabulary will include the words from dawn newspaper along with their meanings which will save a lot of time of the aspirants.
So, keep in touch with CSS Times for daily Dawn vocabulary with Urdu Meanings.
Please Encourage us by Liking Our Facebook page. Thanks
Daily Dawn Newspaper English Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning
December 01, 2020
1. Pakistan, China Armies sign MoU to enhance defence cooperation
• Chinese Minister of National Defence General Wei Fenghe November 30, 2020 met Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa at the General Headquarters (GHQ), Rawalpindi.
• During the meeting, matters of mutual interest, regional security and enhanced bilateral defence collaboration were discussed, said a statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) directorate.
• The visiting dignitary acknowledged and appreciated Pakistan Army’s sincere efforts for regional peace and provision of secure environment for CPEC (China Pakistan Economic Corridor) projects.
2. Pakistan attends SCO meeting hosted by India
• Parliamentary Secretary for Foreign Affairs Andleeb Abbas represented Pakistan in the 19th Meeting of the Council of Heads of Government of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCOCHG) hosted by India via video conference on November 30, 2020.
• India assumed the chair of the SCO Council of Heads of Government on Nov 2 last year as per rotation from Uzbekistan, the previous chair, and completed its yearlong tenure by hosting for the first time a summit-level meeting since it gained full membership of the organisation in 2017
3. PTI`s Khalid elected chief minister of GB
• The Gilgit Baltistan Assembly on November 30, 2020 elected Khalid Khurshid Khan of the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf as chief minister and Pakistan Peoples Party`s Amjad Hussain as leader of the opposition.
• Speaker Amjad Hussain Zaidi chaired the assembly session held to elect chief minister of Gilgit-Baltistan.
• Mr Khan, who was fielded by the PTI-Majlis Wahdat-i-Muslimeen alliance, and Mr Hussain who was a candidate of the opposition parties JUI-F, PPP and PML-N, secured 22 and nine votes, respectively.
4. Pandemic pushes AIDS response further off track: UN
• As Covid-19 pushes the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) response even further off track and the 2020 targets are missed, United Nations (UNAIDS) is urging countries to learn from the lessons of under-investing in health and to step up global action to end the deadly disease and other pandemics.
• This year, the United Nations has selected `Global Solidarity, Shared Responsibility` as the theme for World AIDS Day being observed on December 1, 2020 (today).
• Five years after a global commitment to Fast-Track the HIV response and end AIDS by 2030, the world is off track
5. KP govt extends public health emergency to cope with Covid situation
• The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government has extended public health emergency for four more months to ensure rapid procurement of medical equipment and strict implementation of the standard operating procedure for prevention of Covid-19 in the province.
• The extension of the emergency, which was first enforced in February when the pandemic broke out, is meant to ensure prompt procurement of personal protective equipment (PPEs) along with medicines for effective management of the Covid-19 pandemic in the province.
6. ‘World’s loneliest elephant’ from Pakistan lands in Cambodia, greeted by Cher
• Cambodia-An elephant dubbed the “world’s loneliest” landed in Cambodia November 20, 2020 from Pakistan, receiving a warm welcome from American superstar Cher who will accompany him to a sanctuary housing potential mates.
• The case of Kaavan — an overweight, 36-year-old bull elephant — sparked global uproar from animal rights groups, who petitioned for his move from an Islamabad zoo accused of substandard care and conditions.
• His cause was boosted by a spirited social media campaign by Cher, who travelled to Pakistan to see him off.
7. Shahera made addl secy info division
• The Federal govt has posted Shahera Shahid, a BS-21 officer of Information group as Additional Secretary Information and Braodcasting Division.
• Establishment Division has issued the notification in this regard.
• She has been given additional charge of post of Director General/ Principal Information Officer (DG/PIO).
8. Noted columnist Abdul Qadir Hasan passes away
• Known columnist Abdul Qadir Hasan passed away here on November 30, 2020. He was 89.
• Mr Hasan belonged to a village in the Salt Range. He moved to Lahore in his early years and received education from the Jamia Ashrafia. He learnt from Maulana Maududi and Allama Daud Ghaznavi, while in the field of journalism, Hameed Nizami and Syed Sibt-iHasan were his mentors.
9. Sajal Ali wins ‘International Icon Award’ At DIAFA
• Pakistan’s famous showbiz actress Sajal Ali achieved landmark as she has been awarded for her contribution to film and television by the Distinctive International Arab Festivals Awards (DIAFA).
• Which is held annually in Dubai, honors distinguished International and Arab figures for their annual achievements and contributions towards communities and societies betterment. While receiving the award, Sajal Ali, wife of Ahad Raza Mir, thanked her fans, by saying: “I really want to thank to all my fans for believing in me. ‘Thank you DIAFA.
10. Japanese researchers reveal new mechanism of pain control
• Discovery of a distinct group of astrocytes in the spinal cord overturns thinking on role of descending neurons in pain transmission.
• Researchers in Japan have revealed a previously unknown mechanism for pain control involving a newly identified group of cells in the spinal cord, offering a potential target for enhancing the therapeutic effect of drugs for chronic pain.
Before you leave this page please Check Our Complete collection for Daily Dawn News English Vocabulary with Urdu Meanings
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (22 January 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (21 January 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (20 January 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (19 January 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (18 January 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (17 January 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (16 January 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (15 January 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (14 January 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (13 January 2021)