Every aspirant knows the importance of English language and vocabulary. In order to facilitate the aspirants, we have started a new trend of posting vocabulary on our website. The vocabulary will include the words from dawn newspaper along with their meanings which will save a lot of time of the aspirants.
So, keep in touch with CSS Times for daily Dawn vocabulary with Urdu Meanings.
Please Encourage us by Liking Our Facebook page. Thanks
Daily Dawn Newspaper English Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning
November 28, 2020
1. Top Iranian nuclear scientist assassinated near Tehran
• Iran said one of its most prominent nuclear scientists was assassinated on November 27, 2020 in an attack on his car outside Tehran and accused arch-enemy Israel of being behind the assault.
• The scientist, Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, was `seriously wounded` when assailants targeted his car before being engaged in a gunfight with his security team, Iran`s defence ministry said in a statement.
• It added that Fakhrizadeh, who headed the ministry`s research and innovation organisation, was later declared `martyred` after medics failed to revive him
2. OIC urged to work for outlawing provocation against Muslims
• Pakistan on November 27, 2020 asked the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to launch an international campaign for outlawing willful provocation against Muslims and incitement to hate.
• Speaking at the 47th session of the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) in Niamey, Niger, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi proposed designating March 15 as `International Day to Combat Islamophobia`
3. Top post at aviation regulator finally filled
• The federal government on November 27, 2020 appointed retired Flight Lieutenant Khagan Murtaza as director general of the Civil Aviation Authority, a high-profile position that was vacant for quite some time.
• A notification on the subject issued by the Establishment Division said: `The federal government has appointed Flt Lt (Retd) Khagan Murtaza, a BS-21 officer of Pakistan Administrative Service, presently posted under government of Sindh, as director general (of) Civil Aviation Authority, under section 10 of the Civil Servant Act, 1973 with immediate effect and until further orders.
• Mr Murtaza is currently working as principal secretary to the Sindh governor.
4. ADB`s $300m loan to help achieve sustainable macroeconomic stability
• Pakistan and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) on November 27, 2020 signed a $300 million policy-based loan to help promote macroeconomic stability through improved trade competitiveness and export diversification.
• The loan agreement was signed by Secretary Economic Affairs Noor Ahmed and ADB`s Country Director Xiaohong Yang. Minister for Economic Affairs Khusro Bakhtyar witnessed the signing ceremony
5. Two ships with 115,500 tonnes of wheat arrive
• Two vessels Densa Jaguar and Scarlet Lady carrying 52,500 and 63,000 tonnes of wheat, respectively, were berthed at the Karachi Port and Port Qasim on November 27, 2020, the Trading Corporation of Pakistan (TCP) said.
• With the arrival of these two vessels, the TCP has so far imported a total of 391,625 tonnes of wheat into the country, the press release said.
• The TCP began importing wheat from September onwards whereas the private sector had initiated imports from the last week of August
6. US has closed 10 bases in Afghanistan: WP
• The United States has closed at least 10 bases across Afghanistan since the signing of a deal with the Taliban in February, The Washington Post reported on November 27, 2020.
• Quoting US and Afghan officials, the Post reported that the base closures were part of the complete withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan outlined in the deal.
• The Trump administration plans to bring down troop numbers from roughly 5,000 to 2,500 by Jan. 15, days before President Trump leaves of fice.
7. US, Germany used second Swiss firm too for spying on govts: report
• Swiss politicians have voiced outrage and demanded an investigation after revelations that a second Swiss encryption company was allegedly used by the CIA and its German counterpart to spy on governments worldwide.
• `How can such a thing happen in a country that claims to be neutral like Switzerland?` the co-head of Switzerland`s Socialist Party, Cedric Wermuth, asked in an interview with Swiss public broadcaster SRF
8. Trump says he will leave office if Biden`s victory is confirmed
• President Donald Trump said for the first time that he would leave the White House if Joe Biden is officially confirmed the winner of the US election, even as he railed against the `rigged` vote.
• Trump has made an unprecedented attempt to defy the results of the election by refusing to concede, spreading wild theories about stolen ballots and launching baseless legal challenges that have been thrown out by courts
9. Fists, pig parts fly in Taiwan parliament
• Legislators from Taiwan`s main opposition Kuomintang (KMT) party threw pig guts and exchanged punches with other lawmakers in parliament on November 27, 2020 as they tried to stop the premier from taking questions, in a bitter dispute over easing of US pork imports.
• President Tsai Ingwen announced in August that the government would, from Jan 1, allow imports of US pork containing ractopa mine, an additive that enhances leanness but is banned in the European Union and China, as well as US beef more than 30 months old.
10. India`s economy enters recession for first time since independence
• India`s economy contracted 7.5 per cent between July and September, putting it among the worst-performing major advanced and emerging economies as it entered a technical recession for the first time since independence, official data showed on November 27, 2020.
• Although the figures were an improvement on the record 23.9pc contraction recorded last quarter, they indicate that Asia`s third-largest economy is in for a tough fight as it attempts to revive demand and create jobs even as coronavirus infections climb
Before you leave this page please Check Our Complete collection for Daily Dawn News English Vocabulary with Urdu Meanings
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (09 May 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (08 May 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (07 May 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (06 May 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (03 May 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (02 May 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (01 May 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (30 April 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (29 April 2022)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (28 April 2022)