WELCOME TO CSS TIMES DAY BY DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS, YOUR BEST SOURCE FOR UP-TO-DATE AND DAILY TOP CURRENT AFFAIRS 2022 FOR PREPARATION OF CSS, PMS, BANKING, NTS, RAILWAYS AND ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS. “DAY TO DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS” BASICALLY IS TOP 10 NEWS SUMMARY ON CURRENT HAPPENINGS OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANCE FOR ALL EXAMINATIONS
October 05, 2022: National / International Current Affairs
1. `Coalition of willing` asked to step up for flood aid
• Pakistan is out of money to spend on recovery from recent devastating floods, Minister for Climate Change Sherry Rehman stressed on October 4, 2022, urging immediate international help at the UN launch of an aid appeal as the country`s funding needs were revised up by more than five times.
• The United Nations increased its aid appeal from $160 million to $816m as rising waterborne diseases and fear of growing hunger pose new risks after weeks of unprecedented nooding blamed on climate change.
• `We have no space to give our economy any stimulus, Ms Rehman, who led the Pakistan delegation, told the conference in Geneva aimed at seeking aid for Pakistan
2. Seven terrorists killed in KP operations: ISPR
• Over half a dozen terrorists were gunned down in a single day in two districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, officials said on October 4, 2022.
• Four terrorists were killed in Tank district and three others on the outskirts of capital Peshawar, where two soldiers embraced martyrdom during operations on Monday night.
• The military`s public relations wing, Inter-Services Public Relations, said two security personnel were martyred and three terrorists were killed in a clash between security forces and terrorists in Hassan Khel area, on the outskirts of Peshawar.
• The ISPR said the clash had started after the terrorists attacked a military convoy in Hassan Khel area, located on the southern fringes of the provincial capital
3. US cannot walk away from Pakistan: report
• The United States and Pakistan need to rebuild a modest but pragmatic relationship, based on mutual respect for each other`s interests, and not on exaggerated expectations, says a report released on October 4, 2022.
• The report, prepared by a dozen American scholars of South Asian affairs associated with the Pakistan Study Group (PSG), Washington, has been released a day before Pakistan`s Army Chief Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa is expected to meet US scholars and think tank experts at the Pakistan Embassy.
• The paper warns American policy makers that they cannot afford to walk away from a country that involves three key regions South Asia, Central Asia, and the Middle East and has borders with China and Iran and is close to Russia
4. President to address joint sitting tomorrow
• President Arif Alvi has summoned joint session of the parliament on October 6 (tomorrow) to address both houses Senate and National Assembly.
• According to a notification issued by the President House, the session has been called in line with articles 54(1) and 56(3) of the Constitution.
• The president has summoned the session on the recommendation of the federal government, it adde d.
• The mandatory address of the president to the joint sitting of the parliament became due since the start of the National Assembly`s parliamentary year on August 14
5. PIA`s newly inducted aircraft makes maiden flight
• The newly inducted Airbus A320 aircraft in Pakistan International Airlines` (PIA) fleet has become operational after it made its inaugural flight from Islamabad to Karachi on Tuesday.
• PK-369 with 166 passengers onboard departed at 4pm from Islamabad International Airport.
• PIA`s spokesperson said the aircraft, with registration number AP-BMV, was equipped with new seats and a modern cabin. He added that the aircraft had been acquired on dry lease for six years as the PIA aimed to provide comfortable travel and best facilities to its passengers. With this addition, the PIA now has 32 aircraft in its fleet, including 13 Airbus planes