WELCOME TO CSS TIMES DAY BY DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS, YOUR BEST SOURCE FOR UP-TO-DATE AND DAILY TOP CURRENT AFFAIRS 2022 FOR PREPARATION OF CSS, PMS, BANKING, NTS, RAILWAYS AND ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS. “DAY TO DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS” BASICALLY IS TOP 10 NEWS SUMMARY ON CURRENT HAPPENINGS OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANCE FOR ALL EXAMINATIONS
October 27, 2022: National / International Current Affairs
1. Grenade attack on police station claims official`s life
• A constable lost his life in a grenade attack on a police station in the Dhadar area of Kachhi district on October 26, 2022, officials said.
• They added the grenade attack was carried out by unidentified motorcyclists in the early hours of October 26, 2022 morning.
• The building was damaged in the explosion and windowpanes of nearby houses shattered due to the impact of the blast, though other police officials inside the police station remained safe, the police said.
• Police constable Abid Hussain Solangi, who received multiple injuries, was being taken to the district hospital in Dhadar when he embraced martyrdom
2. PM to embark on maiden China visit on Nov 1
• Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif is all set to embark on his maiden visit to China on Nov 1 to give fresh impetus to the bilateral ties with Beijing, after concluding his two-day visit to Saudi Arabia where he attended an investment summit and convinced Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman to order the release of Pakistani prisoners detained in April.
• Mr Sharif has been invited to China on a two day official visit by Li Keqiang, the outgoing Chinese premier, in the first week of November.
• He will be accompanied by Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, according to the Foreign Office statement released on Wednesday
3. Production resumes after 25pc rise in paracetamol rates
• The Ministry of Finance on October 26, 2022 gave a go-head to pharmaceutical companies to increase the prices of painkiller, paracetamol, by over 25 per cent, after which one of the multinational companies announced resumption of Panadol.
• The approval was given at a meeting, which was chaired by Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and attended by heads of pharmaceutical companies involved in the production of paracetamol products.
• Because of the decision price of plain paracetamol has been increased by 25.67pc, paracetamol extra has been increased by 25.57pc and price of syrup has been increased by 12.21pc.After the meeting, a multinational company Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK) announced to resume production of painkiller Panadol
4. Asian Bank releases $1.5bn to Pakistan
• The Asian Development Bank (ADB) on October 26, 2022 released $1.5 billion to Pakistan, which is facing a daunting task of arranging about $32bn for debt servicing during the current financial year.
• `Asian Development Bank has released funds $1.5 billion to Pakistan under BRACE programme for the credit of the government of Pakistan`s account with State Bank of Pakistan. AlhamdoLilah!` Finance Minister Ishaq Dar tweeted after the release of the loan.
• The BRACE (Building Resilience Under Active Countercyclical Expenditures) programme aims to support the government`s efforts to deal with the adverse impacts of devastating floods, supply chain disruptions, rising energy, fuel prices and inflation on the poor and vulnerable.
5. Hyderabad will be Pakistan`s hottest city by 2100: UN
• In Pakistan, Hyderabad is likely to be the hottest city by 2100 with the highest average temperature reaching 29.9°C to 32°C followed by Jacobabad, Bahawalnagar, and Bahawalpur cities, warn two UN reports released on October 26, 2022.
• `In South Asia, extreme climatic conditions are threatening food security; thus, agro-based economies, such as those of India and Pakistan, are the most vulnerable to climate change,` says a new report by UN Climate Change (UNFCCC).
• `In Pakistan, farmers are experiencing a decline in crop yields and increasing incidence of crop diseases as a result of climate extremes, particularly floods, the report points out. `Water stress is likely to be more pronounced in Pakistan, and northern parts of India and China`