WELCOME TO CSS TIMES DAY BY DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS MCQs, YOUR BEST SOURCE FOR UP-TO-DATE AND DAILY TOP CURRENT AFFAIRS MCQs 2022 FOR PREPARATION OF CSS, PMS, BANKING, NTS, RAILWAYS AND ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS. “DAY TO DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS MCQs” BASICALLY IS TOP 10 NEWS SUMMARY ON CURRENT HAPPENINGS OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANCE FOR ALL EXAMINATIONS
February 03, 2022: National Current Affairs MCQs
1. Terror surge provides govt opportunity to negotiate with arch-rivals
• In a move that is being seen as a significant development amid rising political temperatures in the country, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on January 2, 2023 convened a multiparty conference (MPC) to discuss `important challenges` being faced by Pakistan.
• According to an announcement by Information Minister Marriyum Aurangzeb, the MPC will be held in Islamabad on Feb 7, for which an invitation has also been extended to PTI chairman and former prime minister Imran Khan.
• The invitation to the PTI was formally delivered to party leaders Pervez Khattak and Asad Qaiser by former speaker and federal minister, Sardar Ayaz Sadiq
2. Shehzad Ata Elahi to be new AGP
• After a four-month hiatus, the federal government finally on January 2, 2023 appointed Barrister Shehzad Ata Elahi, a young lawyer from Lahore, as the 37th Attorney General for Pakistan (AGP).
• After the resignation of former AGP Ashtar Ausaf Ali in October and the disinterest shown by Mansoor Usman Awan, the name of Shehzad Elahi had been making the rounds for quite some time for appointment as the country`s top law officer.
• Barrister Elahi is a grandson of former president Fazal Elahi Chaudhry, who served as the country`s head of state from 1973 to 1978. He confirmed to Dawn on Thursday that he had been appointed to the top office
3. Caretaker cabinet members allotted portfolios
• The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa caretaker government has assigned portfolios to 14 member of the cabinet.
• A notification issued by the cabinet wing of the administration department stated that under the sub-rule 4 of the KP Rules of Business 1985, the caretaker chief minister has assigned cabinet berths to the ministers.
• It said that Syed Masood Shah has been allotted portfolios of establishment and administration and inter-provincial coordination departments. Similarly, Abdul Haleem Qusriya has also been given two charges of the agriculture and livestock, fisheries and cooperative departments
4. Federal govt servants must disclose assets to open bank accounts
• Acceding to another demand of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the government has finally allowed banks access to asset declarations of civil servants of BS17-22 as a prior condition for the opening of bank accounts as part of good governance and anti-corruption measures.
• Banks will access the asset data of federal employees in the first phase at the time of opening bank accounts, a senior tax official told Dawn on Thursday. The conditionality is expected to extend to provincial employees as well in the next phase.
• The official further said that access to assets has no revenue implications. This is a due diligence measure under the anti-money laundering act 2010.
• However, the banks will keep the information confidential from the public and will not release it at any cost to the general public
5. Chinese nationals asked to hire private firms for security
• After an increase in terrorism incidents in the country, the Punjab Home Department has directed the Chinese nationals living in the province or working with private companies to hire private security companies of ‘A’ category for their security.
• The home department and police held a meeting on Thursday to review the security of the Chinese nationals working on government and private projects in the province.
• In 2014, the Punjab government had established the Special Protection Unit (SPU) as a dedicated unit for the security of foreigners working at different projects of national importance. As many as 3,336 security constables, 187 drivers, 20 wireless operators, 244 former army personnel in the rank of senior security constable to chief security officer and seven former army officers in the rank of additional director & deputy director were recruited in the SPU
Leave a Comment