WELCOME TO CSS TIMES DAY BY DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS MCQs, YOUR BEST SOURCE FOR UP-TO-DATE AND DAILY TOP CURRENT AFFAIRS MCQs 2022 FOR PREPARATION OF CSS, PMS, BANKING, NTS, RAILWAYS AND ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS. “DAY TO DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS MCQs” BASICALLY IS TOP 10 NEWS SUMMARY ON CURRENT HAPPENINGS OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANCE FOR ALL EXAMINATIONS
February 08, 2022: National Current Affairs MCQs
1. Shehbaz sets up relief fund for quake-hit Turkiye
• Pakistan on February 7, 2023 announced its part of relief measures for the earthquake-hit people of Turkiye and Syria, with the government setting up a relief fund and sending a 51-member rescue team to Istanbul, and the prime minister set to leave for Istanbul on February 8, 2023 (today).
• The decision to set up the fund was taken in a federal cabinet meeting, whose members also decided to donate one month`s salary to the relief fund.
• Besides, senior federal government employees from Grade 18 and above would donate one day`s salary to the fund
2. Centre sends officer to Punjab for ACE DG post
• Amid reports that the PML-N government in the Centre has sent two officers to Punjab to appoint one of them as the director general (DG) of the Anti-Corruption Establishment (ACE), 15 other senior police officers have been reshuffled against non-field assignments.
• Of 15 officers, 14 were BPS-20 police officers and most of them were posted against BPS-21 slots in Central Police Office (CPO) and other units of the Punjab Police. Some of them have been serving as regional police officers and against other important field assignments in Punjab during the tenure of the PTI/PML-Q in the province. They were later removed from their respective positions and made officers on special duty (OSDs) by the caretaker government for reportedly having political affiliation with the PTI-FML-Q
3. Capital police officers transferred to KP, Punjab
• The federal government on February 7, 2023 transferred senior police officers from Islamabad to Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
• After the dissolution of Punjab and KP assemblies by PTI, both these provinces are being run by the caretaker governments.
• According to the notifications issued by the Establishment Division, the powerful Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Operations Islamabad Sohail Zafar Chattha has been transferred to Punjab with immediate effect
4. IMF `adjustments` will not bring relief, warns HRW
• As the International Monetary Fund and the government currently discussing a plan to rescue Pakistan`s economy, Human Rights Watch (HRW) has proposed that the Fund should work with Islamabad to strengthen social protection and mitigate harm to the most vulnerable by advancing economic rights.
• IMF should work with the government by broadening social protection systems and minimising reform measures that risk further harm to the most vulnerable people. With poverty, inflation, and unemployment soaring, Pakistan is facing one of the worst economic crises in its history, jeopardising millions of people`s rights to health, food and an adequate standard of living, the HRW said in a statement issued on Monday
5. Saudi `exit` from Kabul sparks fears of exodus
• Saudi diplomats` departure from Kabul amid security concerns has sparked fears that at least three other countries were also planning to close their embassies in Afghanistan, though Taliban and other officials have dismissed such reports.
• An Afghan Taliban official has confirmed to Dawn that Saudi Arabia has withdrawn its staff, but said the Saudis `have told us that they have withdrawn embassy staff for a week-long training`.
• After Saudi Arabia`s `temporary withdrawal` of staff, reports surfaced about the closure of the UAE, Qatari and Russian missions in Kabul.
Leave a Comment