WELCOME TO CSS TIMES DAY BY DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS, YOUR BEST SOURCE FOR UP-TO-DATE AND DAILY TOP CURRENT AFFAIRS 2017 FOR PREPARATION OF CSS, PMS, BANKING, NTS, RAILWAYS AND ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS. “DAY TO DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS” BASICALLY IS TOP 10 NEWS SUMMARY ON CURRENT HAPPENINGS OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANCE FOR ALL EXAMINATIONS
January 14, 2018 (Day by Day Current Affairs)
- Bizenjo becomes Balochistan CM for five months
- Mir Abdul Quddus Bizenjo, the consensus candidate of all but two parties in the Balochistan Assembly, comfortably won the election of the new chief minister of the province against Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party`s Syed Liaquat Agha on January 13, 2018.
- Mr Bizenjo, who was elected an MPA in May 2013 from Awaran on a Pakistan Muslim League-Q (PML-Q) ticket by bagging 544 votes, was along with 14 provincial ministers sworn in as the CM by Balochistan Governor Muhammad Khan Achakzai.
- The size of the new CM`s cabinet comes to 18 as he also appointed four advisers.
- The assembly previously saw the election of two chief ministers during the past four-and-a-half years.
- PM inaugurates National Incubation Centre in Peshawar
- Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL), Pakistan’s leading telecommunications services provider, and LMKT, an award-winning full-service technology company based out of Islamabad, announced the formal inauguration of National Incubation Center (NIC), Peshawar, Which has been funded by the Ministry of IT&T and Ignite Fund (formerly known as National ICT R&D Fund).
- The launch ceremony was graced by Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi as chief guest, along with Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Iqbal Zafar Jhagra, Minister of IT&T Anusha Rahman.
- UN report finds Iran in violation of Yemen arms embargo
- Iran has violated a UN arms embargo by failing to block supplies to Yemen’s Huthi rebels of ballistic missiles that were fired at Saudi Arabia, UN panel of experts.
- The report seen by AFP does not identify the supplier but makes clear that missile debris inspected by the experts were of Iranian origin
- “The panel has identified missile remnants, related military equipment and military unmanned aerial vehicles that are of Iranian origin and were introduced into Yemen after the imposition of the targeted arms embargo”
- ‘Nuclear bluff’ remark shows Indian army chief’s immaturity
- The Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Maj-Gen Asif Ghafoor Saturday responded to the Indian army chief’s ‘nuclear bluff’ assertion saying that such statements were unbecoming from a person of a responsible stature
- Indian Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat on January 12, 2018 said the force was ready to call Pakistan’s ‘nuclear bluff’ and cross the border to carry out any operation if asked by the government, according to Indian media outlets
- China blows up illegal mega-church
- Authorities in northern China have demolished a Christian mega-church in a move denounced by a religious rights group as Taliban-style persecution
- China`s officially atheist Communist authorities are wary of any organised movements outside their control, including religious ones
- The huge evangelical Jindengtai (Golden Lampstand) Church, painted grey and surmounted by turrets and a large red cross, was located in Linfen, Shanxi province
- Iran trashes Trump’s demand for changing nuclear deal
- Iran on January 13, 2018 rejected any modification of its nuclear deal with world powers after US President Donald Trump demanded tough new measures to keep the agreement alive
- Iran “will not accept any amendments in this agreement, be it now or in the future, and it will not allow any other issues to be linked to the JCPOA,” the foreign ministry said in a statement, using the 2015 deal’s technical name.
- Govt to announce tax amnesty scheme very soon
- Advisor to the Prime Minister on Finance, Revenue and Economic Affairs, Dr Miftah Ismail said that Fixed Tax Regime (FTR) for the construction sector was a good move and the present government will provide all possible facilities to this sector because the government wants to create new avenues of jobs for the people
- London store Harrods to remove Diana statue
- Luxury department store Harrods said it was taking down a statue of the late Princess Diana and her boyfriend Dodi Al Fayed and returning it to former owner Mohamed Al Fayed
- Al Fayed commissioned the bronze statue, which shows his son and Diana holding hands and releasing a bird, after they were killed in a Paris car crash in 1997
- Punjab govt launches “100 Days of Business Reform” plan
- Punjab Government has launched the 100 Days of Doing Business Reform Plan to facilitate businesses and start-ups to improve the investment environment in the province.
- The plan is devised by keeping in view the Punjab Growth Strategy 2018 which sets the target of achieving 8 percent economic growth.
- According to Census 2017, Punjab is home to approximately 53 percent of Pakistan’s total population. It is the second largest province with a population as high as 110 million. The rapidly growing population necessitates the creation of approximately 1 million quality jobs, according to the Punjab Growth Strategy 2018.
- Rabada becomes world’s highest-ranked Test bowler
- South Africa’s Kagiso Rabada has become the number-one ranked bowler in the ICC Test Player Rankings
- Rabada, who was one of the stars in South Africa’s successful campaign in the ICC U19 World Cup in the UAE in 2014, returned figures of three for 34 and two for 41 against a star-studded India batting line-up.
Watch Video: 25 Preparation Tips on How to Study for CSS at home
Check our latest daily updated ‘s Complete Day by Day Current Affairs Notes MCQs
Current Affairs MCQs
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Feb 02 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Feb 01 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 31 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 30 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 27 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 26 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 25 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 24 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 22 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 21 2023) for CSS