The Punjab government has allowed the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) to conduct interviews of candidates.
Secretary Primary & Secondary Healthcare Department M Usman has issued a notification after the approval of the Punjab Cabinet Committee on Saturday.
Now, the PPSC can conduct interviews of the candidates in phases after implementing the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) devised by the Punjab Health Department, however procedure of written examination would remain suspended.
According to the notification, the approval for interviews was given only to the PPSC while other departments have not been allowed in this regard.
It is pertinent to mention here that the government had earlier stopped the PPSC to conduct interviews of the candidates who had passed the written examination due to lockdown.
View PPSC Complete Notification below:
The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) is a government agency responsible for hiring and administering the provincial civil services and management services in the Punjab Province of Pakistan.
Established: April 1937 (as British India Civil Service)
Location: Lahore (head office )
Composition method: Executive selection (Qualifications imposed)
Number of positions: 1 chairman, 15 members
Current Chairman: Lt Gen Maqsood Ahmad (R) (Since 2018)
- To establish a competent, efficient, professional and responsive Public Service to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century
- To act without fear or favor ensuring functional independence, political neutrality, accountability and integrity.
- To uphold standards, policies, guidelines and rules governing selection processes;
- To develop and implement rule-based selection criteria and processes to ensure fair and equal-opportunity to all candidates
- To render advice to the Government, where necessary, on policies, methods of recruitment, selection criteria and processes, to ensure efficient selection process and to attract best possible human resource for various posts.
Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) Functions
- To conduct tests, examinations and interviews for recruitment to:-
- Such Provincial Services and posts connected with the affairs of the Province, as may be prescribed; and
- Such posts in or under a Corporation or other body or organization set up by Government under any law, as may be prescribed;
- To advise the Government on such matters as may be prescribed relating to the terms and conditions of service of persons who are members of a Provincial Service or hold posts in connection with the affairs of the Province.
- Such other functions as may be prescribed.