WELCOME TO CSS TIMES DAY BY DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS, YOUR BEST SOURCE FOR UP-TO-DATE AND DAILY TOP CURRENT AFFAIRS 2021 FOR PREPARATION OF CSS, PMS, BANKING, NTS, RAILWAYS AND ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS. “DAY TO DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS” BASICALLY IS TOP 10 NEWS SUMMARY ON CURRENT HAPPENINGS OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANCE FOR ALL EXAMINATIONS
February 07, 2022: National / International Current Affairs
1. Islamabad, Beijing vow to boost links at all levels
• Prime Minister Imran Khan and Chinese President Xi Jinping on February 6, 2022 agreed to strengthen institutional links at all levels, cementing mutual strategic, diplomatic and economic ties between the two countries.
• While exchanging views on the entire spectrum of bilateral relations, regional situation and international political landscape, the two leaders appreciated the finalisation of a number of agreements and memorandum of understanding in the fields of trade, infrastructure, industrial development, agriculture modernisation, science and technology and socio-economic well-being of local people.
• The meeting held at the Great Hall of People was the last leg of PM Khan`s four-day trip to China
2. Five soldiers martyred as Afghan-based terrorists target post
• Five soldiers were martyred and four others suffered injuries when terrorists from across the Afghan border attacked a post in Kurram tribal district during Saturday-Sunday night.
• Informed sources said that Angoor Tangi, a check-post adjacent to Afghanistan`s Khost province, was targeted by the attackers.
• The sources said that firing between members of security forces and terrorists began at 8pm Saturday and continued for three hours.
• They said that insurgents from the Afghan side made several attempts to damage the fence along the Pak-Afghan border.
• The Inter-Services Public Relations, the armed forces` media affairs wing, confirmed the incident and said that security forces responded in a befitting manner to the terrorist attack
3. Qatari and UAE leaders hold first meeting since reconciliation
• Qatar`s emir met the de facto ruler of the United Arab Emirates during an official event at the Beijing Winter Olympics, in the first such interaction between the two Gulf leaders since four Arab states agreed to end a dispute with Doha over a year ago.
• Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani met Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahyan on the sidelines of a lunch hosted by China`s president on Saturday, Qatar`s state news agency said.
• UAE news websites published a video clip of the two leaders speaking
4. Ukraine plays down invasion fears, but US sounds alarm
• Ukraine on February 6, 2022 pushed back at `apocalyptic predictions` over a potential Russian invasion, after officials in the United States sounded dire warnings that Moscow had stepped up its preparations for a major incursion.
• US officials said the Kremlin has assembled 110,000 troops along the border with its pro-Western neighbour but intelligence assessments have not determined if President Vladimir Putin has actually decided to invade.
• The Russian force amassed on the frontier is growing at a rate that would give Putin the firepower he needs for a full-scale invasion some 150,000 soldiers by mid-February, US officials have said
5. African Union condemns coups, dodges Israel vote
• The African Union has condemned a recent `wave` of military coups that has seen an unprecedented number of member states suspended from the bloc, a senior official said on February 6, 2022, the last day of its annual summit.
• The putsches were among the main issues expected to be discussed at the summit, along with the AU`s ties to Israel and its response to a grinding war in the north of host country Ethiopia.
• Less than two weeks before the summit began on Saturday, Burkina Faso became the fourth country to be suspended by the AU after disgruntled soldiers toppled President Roch Marc Christian Kabore. Guinea, Mali and Sudan are also currently suspended
Leave a Comment