Every aspirant knows the importance of English language and vocabulary. In order to facilitate the aspirants, we have started a new trend of posting vocabulary on our website. The vocabulary will include the words from dawn newspaper along with their meanings which will save a lot of time of the aspirants.
So, keep in touch with CSS Times for daily Dawn vocabulary with Urdu Meanings.
Please Encourage us by Liking Our Facebook page. Thanks
Daily Dawn Newspaper English Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning
November 24, 2020
1. PM okays creation of liaison body for spy agencies
• Prime Minister Imran Khan has approved the setting up of the National Intelligence Coordination Committee (NICC), a senior security source said on November 23, 2020.
• The new body would be led by the director general of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), who would function as its chairman.
• The intelligence agencies have had at least two rounds of discussions on the issue after which the proposal was submitted to the prime minister for approval. It is expected that the first meeting of the coordination body could be held as early as next week
2. Covid compels govt to shut educational institutions again
• Due to the renewed surge in Covid-19 cases, the federal government on November 23, 2020 announced closure of educational institutions from Nov 26 to Jan 10, postponing the exams scheduled during this period.
• The decision was taken at an online conference of provincial and federal education ministers, headed by Shafqat Mahmood, after they discussed the wave of Covid-19 and its impact on educational institutions.
3. Imran`s lawyer made PTV chairman
• Prominent lawyer Naeem Bukhari, who led the legal team of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan in the Panama Papers leak case, will head the state-run Pakistan Television (PTV) as its chairman.
• Interestingly, the appointment was made in apparent haste as the federal cabinet had in its meeting last week considered a summary for his appointment but did not endorse his induction as PTV chairman
4. Pakistan sees highest Covid-19 positivity ratio of this season
• The highest positivity ratio of the current season was recorded on November 23, 2020 as Pakistan continues to reel under the impact of Covid-19.
• According to the data released by the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC), the positivity rate in the country stood at 7.46 per cent with 35 people having died on an average from Covid-19 during the last one week.
• The NCOC said that out of the total number of cases, 19pc surfaced in educational institutions
5. Israel sends first delegation to Sudan since normalization
• Israel on November 23, 2020 sent a delegation to Sudan, its first since last month`s announcement of normalisation of relations between the two countries.
• For days there have been rumours in Jerusalem that a delegation would visit Khartoum in the wake of the accord announced by US President Donald Trump on October 23.
• Israeli army radio reported on Monday that the trip was under way
6. Riyadh denies Israeli PM met Saudi crown prince
• Israeli media reports and a government source on November 23, 2020 confirmed Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had met for landmark talks with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in Saudi Arabia, but Riyadh denied the meeting took place.
• The reports fuelled speculation that the Jewish state may be getting closer to normalising ties with the Saudi kingdom after its recent US-brokered deals with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Bahrain.
7. World must not turn away from Afghanistan, says UNHCR
• The international community must continue aiding Afghanistan or risk `disastrous consequences,` UN refugee chief Filippo Grandi urged on November 23, 2020 as a donors conference kicked off in Geneva.
• Grandi`s appeal comes after his visit to the war-torn nation that remains beset by violence and corruption, and is grappling with the imminent withdrawal of thousands of US troops
8. UAE relaxes limits on foreign ownership
• The United Arab Emirates has relaxed and removed a range of limits on foreign ownership of companies, stater un media reported on November 23, 2020, in the country`s latest bid to boost its global status and attract foreign investors.
• The overhaul signals yet another startling change for the federation of seven desert sheilchdoms as it grapples with the economic fallout of the pandemic
9. Medvedev upstages Thiem to claim ATP Finals title
• Daniil Medvedev barged to the head of the queue of young pretenders as the Russian captured the biggest title of his career by beating Dominic Thiem 4-6, 7-6 (7-2), 6-4 in an absorbing climax to London`s last ATP Finals on November 22, 2020.
• Thiem was on course to become the first Austrian to win the title, following on from his recent US Open triumph, but the relentless Medvedev turned the tide to strike a blow for the new generation striving to shake up the tennis hierarchy
10. FIFA ban African football head for five years after ethics investigation
• The head of African football, Ahmad Ahmad, has been banned from football for five years by FIFA following an ethics investigation by world soccer`s governing body.
• Ahmad, who is president of the Confederation of African Football (CAF), had intended to stand in an election in March in which he would have faced a number of challengers.
Before you leave this page please Check Our Complete collection for Daily Dawn News English Vocabulary with Urdu Meanings
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (04 Sep 2023)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (03 Sep 2023)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (02 Sep 2023)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (01 Sep 2023)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (30 Aug 2023)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (29 Aug 2023)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (28 Aug 2023)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (27 Aug 2023)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (26 Aug 2023)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (25 Aug 2023)