WELCOME TO CSS TIMES DAY BY DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS MCQs, YOUR BEST SOURCE FOR UP-TO-DATE AND DAILY TOP CURRENT AFFAIRS MCQs 2022 FOR PREPARATION OF CSS, PMS, BANKING, NTS, RAILWAYS AND ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS. “DAY TO DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS MCQs” BASICALLY IS TOP 10 NEWS SUMMARY ON CURRENT HAPPENINGS OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANCE FOR ALL EXAMINATIONS
November 24, 2022: National Current Affairs MCQs
1. Army has resolved to shun politics, assures Bajwa
• Outgoing army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa on November 23, 2022 admitted that the army for seven decades had `unconstitutionally interfered in politics`, and at the same time criticised political parties for erring and being intolerant towards rivals.
• The rare candid admission by an army chief came at what could possibly be Gen Bajwa`s last public appearance before the change of command ceremony next week.
• He was speaking at the Defence and Martyrs Ceremony at the General Headquarters. The annual event, which is held on Sept 6, could not be held this year because of floods and was organised now as part of Gen Bajwa`s farewell engagements
2. JUI-F leader takes oath as KP governor
• Haji Ghulam Ali, a senior leader of Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUIF), on November 23, 2022 took oath as the governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
• Peshawar High Court Chief Justice Qaiser Rashid Khan administered the oath to the JUI-F leader at the Governor House at a ceremony attended by party chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman, Communication Minister Maulana Asad Mehmood, KP Assembly Opposition Leader Akram Khan Durrani, Mayor Haji Zubair Ali, Awami National Party leader Haji Ghulam Ahmed Bilour and Senator Maulana Attaur Rehman among others.
• The post of the governor remained vacant for months after Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) leader Shah Farman stepped down following the ouster of PTI government at the Centre through a vote of no-confidence in April this year
3. Personal photos on official documents not allowed: SC
• The Supreme Court on November 23, 2022 held that self-projection by holders of public office on government records and self-agrion disement at public expense was not permissible.
• `To name public/government properties and anything planned, developed and/or managed from public/government funds or to project oneself … by getting one`s photograph af fixed on the `Sanad-i-Haqooq Milkiat` violates the Constitution, undermines Pakistan`s Islamic moorings, and therefore without lawful authority, and, if one may add, is also in bad taste, said a hve-page order authored by Justice Qazi Faez Isa.
4. EU hands over mobile food-testing lab to Balochistan
• The European Union has handed over a mobile food-testing laboratory to the Balochistan Food Authority (BFA) to help it ensure food, especially the processed one, is free of contamination, accurately labelled and comply with relevant safety standards. The lab was handed over to BFA by European Union Ambassador to Pakistan Dr Riina Kionka, at a ceremony held in Quetta on Wednesday.
• Equipped with a suite of testing technology, along with its crew of technicians, the lab will provide experts with scientific expertise on the spot to `help support both consumer confidence but also public health`, a press release said
5. SBP makes account opening mandatory for buying $2,000 or above
• In a major move to restrict dollar outflows, the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has made it mandatory to open an account before buying $2,000 or above.
• State Minister for Finance Aisha Ghaus Pasha on November 23, 2022 informed this to the Senate`s Standing Committee on Finance which met in Islamabad.
• The government and the SBP have taken several steps to get control over the dollar outflows.
• Finance Minister Ishaq Dar, who expressed confidence to meet the external account requirements during the current fiscal year, is being criticised for his failure to bring the dollar rate below Rs200 and replenish the country`s dwindling foreign exchange reserves