Every aspirant knows the importance of English language and vocabulary. In order to facilitate the aspirants, we have started a new trend of posting vocabulary on our website. The vocabulary will include the words from dawn newspaper along with their meanings which will save a lot of time of the aspirants.
So, keep in touch with CSS Times for daily Dawn vocabulary with Urdu Meanings.
Please Encourage us by Liking Our Facebook page. Thanks
Daily Dawn Newspaper English Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning
November 26, 2020
1. PM rules out shutdown of factories, businesses
• Prime Minister Imran Khan says the government has decided not to shut down factories and businesses despite a spike in coronavirus infections and deaths in the country.
• `We don`t want to lead people to death due to hunger, while saving them from coronavirus,` Mr Khan said and in the same breath made an impassioned appeal that the nation should join hands with the government and defeat the second wave of coronavirus while strictly observing SOPs that primarily require wearing face mask at public places.
2. Shuffle in top brass as six major generals promoted
• Chief of the Army Staff Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa kept his core team intact as he reshuffled several key positions in the military bringing in new commanders for five of the 11 theater commands on November 25, 2020.
• Another reshuffle is expected in coming days to fill the remaining vacancies.
• The move was preceded by promotion of six major generals to the rank of lieutenant general, as six three star generals Lt Gen Humayun Aziz, Lt Gen Mohammad Naeem Ashraf, Lt Gen Mohammad Afzal, Lt Gen Sher Afgun, Lt Gen Qazi Mohammad Ikram Ahmad and Lt Gen Bilal Akbar are set to retire next month.
3. Dossier on India`s terrorism shared with UN
• Pakistan has handed over a dossier on India`s terror campaign to United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres, urging him to prevail on Delhi to desist from its illegal and aggressive activities.
• The UN secretary general promised to `study the dossier and take appropriate action`, said Pakistan`s envoy to the UN Munir Akram who presented the dossier to the UN chief.
• Pakistan reserved the right to `act in self-defence` against India`s unending aggressions, Ambassador Akram warned.
4. UAE visa suspension linked to `security concerns`
• The United Arab Emirates has stopped issuing new visas to citizens of 13 mostly Muslim-majority countries, including Iran, Syria, Afghanistan and Pakistan, according to a document issued by a state owned business park.
• A source briefed on the matter said the visas had temporarily stopped being issued to Afghans, Pakistanis and citizens of several other countries over security concerns, but did not provide details of those concerns.
• The document, sent to companies operating in the park and seen by Reuters, cited an immigration circular that came into effect on Nov 18.
5. Educational institutes closed from today
• The Punjab Higher Education Department (HED) and the School Education Department (SED) on November 25, 2020 announced closure of the public and private schools, colleges and universities in the province due to Covid-19 pandemic.
• The HED notification available with Dawn states, `In pursuance of the directions of National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC), on campus teaching in all public universities and colleges in Punjab including degree awarding institutes and autonomous colleges, shall remain suspended from Nov 26 to Dec 24 in the wake of pandemic (Covid-19)
6. Hafeez shares Pakistan`s economic rebound at WEF
• Adviser to the PM on Finance and Revenue Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh on November 25, 2020 informed the World Economic Forum (WEF) that Pakistan had witnessed remarkable improvement in fiscal and current account deficits owing to prudent government policies.
• Addressing the second segment of the plenary session of the WEF on Country Strategy Dialogue (CSD) through video link, he said that Pakistan had a primary balance surplus which was unprecedented.
7. Pakistan, WB ink agreement worth $19.85 million
• Pakistan and World Bank on November 25, 2020 signed agreement of “Covid-19 Response, Recovery and Resilience in Education Project” worth $19.85 million.
• The project is aimed to strengthen and support federal and provincial actions in the education sector to better: i) respond to and recover from the COVID-19 crises in the short term; and; ii) to lay the foundation for resilience to face future crisis, with a focus on disadvantage areas and vulnerable populations
8. Uttar Pradesh outlaws religious conversion by marriage
• India`s ruling Hindu nationalist party has approved legislation in the country`s most populous state that lays out a prison term of up to 10 years for anyone found guilty of using marriage to force someone to change religion.
• The decree for the state of Uttar Pradesh was passed on November 24, 2020 and follows a campaign by Prime Minister Narendra Modis Hindu-nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party against interfaith marriages. The party describes such marriages as love jihad, an unproven conspiracy theory used by its leaders and Hindu hardline groups to accuse Muslim men of converting Hindu women by marriage.
9. Israeli blockade has cost Gaza $16.7bn: UN
• Israel`s blockade of the Gaza Strip cost the Palestinian enclave`s economy an estimated $16.7 billion in just over a decade, the United Nations said on November 25, 2020.
• The coastal enclave has been under an Israeli-enforced blockade since 2007, the year the Islamist movement Hamas took power.
• In the 11 ensuing years, its economic situation deteriorated dramatically, the UN Conference on Trade and Development found in a new report
10. Soccer legend Maradona dies of heart attack
• Argentine soccer legend Diego Maradona, widely regarded as one of the game`s greatest ever players, died of a heart attack on November 25, 2020.
• Maradona, 60, had recently battled health issues and underwent emergency surgery for a subdural haematoma several weeks ago.
• He suffered a heart attack at his home in the outskirts of Buenos Aires, Argentinian media and acquaintances of the former player said.
• Argentine President Alberto Fernandez declared three days of national mourning.
Before you leave this page please Check Our Complete collection for Daily Dawn News English Vocabulary with Urdu Meanings
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (17 September 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (16 September 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (15 September 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (14 September 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (13 September 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (12 September 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (11 September 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (10 September 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (09 September 2021)
- Daily DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (08 September 2021)