WELCOME TO CSS TIMES DAY BY DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS MCQs, YOUR BEST SOURCE FOR UP-TO-DATE AND DAILY TOP CURRENT AFFAIRS MCQs 2022 FOR PREPARATION OF CSS, PMS, BANKING, NTS, RAILWAYS AND ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS. “DAY TO DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS MCQs” BASICALLY IS TOP 10 NEWS SUMMARY ON CURRENT HAPPENINGS OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANCE FOR ALL EXAMINATIONS
March 08, 2022: National Current Affairs MCQs
1. Pakistan, US to work jointly against global, regional threats
• The United States and Pakistan have resolved to increase dialogue on regional and global threats, improving cooperation, preventing and countering violent extremism, and combating terrorism financing, the Foreign Office said on March 7, 2023.
• In recent months, as threats from actors such as the outlawed Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan and the militant Islamic State-Khurasan (IS-K) groups have intensified, Washington has made several overtures of cooperation with Islamabad. The US has supported Pakistan`s right to defend itself from terrorism, which Islamabad claims is originating from Afghan soil.
• The US has also been critical of Afghan Taliban`s failure to ensure that their territory would never be used as a Launchpad for international terrorist attacks
2. Pakistan, six other nations urge Western states to unfreeze Afghanistan`s assets
• Russia and six nations bordering Afghanistan have set up a club to discuss ways to achieve long-term peace in the war-torn nation, with diplomats at the inaugural meeting on Tuesday calling for a freeze on Afghan central bank assets to be lifted.
• Special representatives from Russia, China, Iran, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan convened in Tashkent and plan to meet regularly to discuss issues facing Afghanistan, Uzbekistan`s foreign ministry said.
• The group urge d Western nations to lift the freeze on the Afghan central bank`s assets, Uzbek special representative Ismatilla Ergashev said
3. Balochistan govt revises martyrs` compensation policy
• The Balochistan government has increased the compensation amount for martyred officials by up to more than three times, the finance department said in a notification on March 7, 2023 after approval from the provincial cabinet.
• The move came a day after nine officers of the Balochistan Constabulary were martyred and 13 others were injured after a suicide bomber riding an explosives laden motorbike struck a police truck on the Sukkur-Quetta Highway in the Bolan district.
• The government has raised the compensation amount by amending the Police and Levies Martyrs Compensation Policy
4. Around 63,000 GBV cases reported in past 3 years: NCHR
• Around 63,000 cases of gender-based violence (GBV) were reported in Pakistan over the past three years, with some 4,000 being reported in the first half of 2020 when lockdowns were imposed to curb the spread of coronavirus.
• This was revealed in a new report released by the National Commission of Human Rights (NCHR) on Tuesday.
• The commission, while quoting numbers from the human rights ministry said 80 per cent of these cases were related to domestic violence, while some 47pc of domestic rape where married women experienced sexual abuse.
• The report cautioned that since the data was based on reported cases, the actual number could be much higher
5. Free wheat flour for `poorest of poor` during Ramazan
• Amid a staggering price spiral over the past few months, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif made a significant announcement on March 7, 2023 that `the poorest of the poor` would get wheat flour (Atta) for free during Ramazan.
• The package will first be implemented in Punjab and then in other parts of the country.
• The prime minister directed the authorities after a meeting with officials of the Punjab government to chalk out a strategy for the supply of flour to poor families `as soon as possible`.
• Caretaker Chief Minister Mohsin Raza Naqvi, the provincial food secretary and other senior officials attended the meeting
Leave a Comment