1) The expansion on PQLI is
(a) Physical Quality of Life index
(b) Physical Quantity of Life Index
(c) Product Quality Lifecycle Implementation
(d) None of these
2) Birth rate is called
(b) Vital index
3) Death rate of the population
4) The Anthrax disease is caused by
5) Superbugs are
(a) Synthetic bug
(c) Radio nucleotide
6) Salmonellosis is a disease related to consumption of
7) Causative organisms of Malaria
8) What is ‘Black Lung?”
(a) Occupational Hazard to the miners
(b) Occupational Hazard to navigators
(c) Occupational Hazard to pesticide applicators.
(d) None of these
9) What is Carcinogen?
(a) Drugs for curing infectious disease
(b) Drugs used for curing cancer
(c) Cancer causing agent
(d) Food colorants
10) Infection of HIV is usually detected by which test
(a) Elisa test
(c) Gram staining
11) The destruction of habitat of plants and animals is called
(b) Endangered species
(c) Habitat loss
12) Zoos are examples for
(a) In-situ conservation
(b) in-vivo conservation
(c) ex-situ conservation
(d) ex vivo conservation
13) The first national park of Pakistan
(a) Lulusar-Dudipatsar National Park
(b) Shandure-Phander National Park
(c) Lal Suhanra National Park
(d) Pir Lasura National Park
14) Earth summit of Rio de Janeiro (1992) resulted in
(a) Compilation of Red list
(b) Establishment of biosphere reserves
(c) Conservation of biodiversity
15) Some species of plants and animals are extremely rare and may occur only at a few locations are called
16) The drug morphine is extracted from …………… plant
(c) Opium Poppy
17) …………….. species is known as Azadirachta Indica
18) ……………….. tree is known as ‘flame of the forest’?
(b) Butea monosperma
19) Which tree is known as Coral tree?
20) Which plants die after flowering?
21) Out of 4,100 mammal species in the world, Pakistan is home to
22) The four mammals known to have so far disappeared from Pakistan are the tiger (Panthera Tigris), swamp deer (Cervus duvaucelii), lion (Panthera Leo) and the.
(a) White Rhinoceros
(b) One-horned rhinoceros (Rhinoceros unicornis)
(d) Hog deer
23) ……………….. is a marine tortoise which shows the unique phenomenon ‘Arribada’
(a) Olive Ridley
(b) Star Tortoise
(c) Travancore Tortoise
(d) b & c
24) Largest reptile in the world
25) In which year Broghil Valley (KPK) was declared as National Park?
26) The total population of Snow Leopard in Pakistan is estimated around
27) In Pakistan, mangroves forests covered 600,000 hectares but now that has been reduced to
(a) 185,000 hectares
(b) 75,000 hectares
(c) 85,000 hectares
(d) 115,000 hectares
28) In which year Kala Chitta was declared as National Park?
29) The Red Data book which lists endangered species is maintained by
30) The largest national park in the world meeting the IUCN definition is the Northeast Greenland National Park, which was established in
31) In which year Lal Suhanra was declared as National Park?
32) Flag ship species of Deosai National Park (Skardu) sanctuary
(c) Brown Bears
33) Herpetology is a branch of Science which deals with
34) “Silent Spring” is a well-known book written by
(a) John Miller
(b) Charles Darwin
(c) Rachel Carson
(d) None of these
35) First Biosphere reserve in Pakistan
(a) Lal Suhanra National Park
(b) Kirthar National Park
(c) Chitral Gol National Park
(d) Chiltan Hazarganji, National Park
36) Bears are usually hunted and killed for their
(c) Gall bladder
37) Coral reefs in Pakistan can be seen in
(a) Atcola Island
(b) Churna (near Karachi coast)
(c) Pasni and near Jevani
(d) All of the above
38) Which of the following is an extinct species?
39) Black Buck is a
40) Gharial is a
41) ——— is one of the most endangered species of Pakistani birds
(a) Bee eater
(d) Houbara bustard
42) Pangolins feed on
43) Many wild plant and animals are on the verge of extinction due to
(a) Habitat destruction
(b) Climatic changes
(c) Non availability of food
(d) None of the above
44) The first global environmental protection treaty “The Montreal Protocol” was signed on Sept. 26.
45) Animals and plants are best protected in
(b) Botanical Gardens
(c) National Parks
46) The Native Place of Redwood trees?
47) Which of the following pulls people to urban areas?
(a) Declining agricultural jobs
(b) Lack of land to grow food
(c) Better health care
(d) None of these
48) Due to the urban population exploding in developing countries, they will need to build the equivalent of a city with more than 1 million people every __ for the next 25 years.
(d) Three months
49) Which of the following statements is false?
(a) The shift in poverty is moving rapidly from the city to the country.
(b) Developing countries are currently urbanizing faster than developed countries.
(c) Urbanization varies throughout the world but is increasing everywhere
(d) The general population growth also contributes to urban growth
(e) The shift in poverty is moving rapidly from the country to the city
50) Those who migrate and find jobs in cities can expect all of the following, except
(a) Long hours and low wages
(b) Dangerous machinery
(c) Health and retirement benefits
(d) Noise pollution
(e) High crime rate
Buy Best Books for CSS Current Affairs
World Current Affairs by Aamer Shahzad Price: Rs. 775 BUY NOW!
|Current Affairs by Dr Shahid Wazir Khan Price: Rs. 795 BUY NOW!|
Click on Buy now to book your order or Whatsapp your order @ 03224661117