Online Functional English Grammar & Writing Course is a set of rules and deals with the nature of words, their forms, functions, and their relations in the sentences. Let’s join the course to have a strong command of grammar and learn writing.
Learning English grammar and writing has become an important life skill in today’s fast-paced emerging global community. It is an art through which you can communicate effectively with millions nationwide and worldwide. The importance of writing can be gauged from the words of Miss Syeda Saba that from an excellent job to a good parent and from a text message to competitive exams, a person’s success and personality revolve around the correct usage of English. The better the English grammar, the better the written communication. The better the writing, the better the chances of success in life. Moreover, Miss Iqra Ali aptly symbolizes the significance of writing in words, “Everybody needs to write to connect with others, whether it’s a casual document, a structured business report, a survey, a work application, a press release, or a condolence message. Getting the response you want from your reader is all down to your writing skills.”
English Grammar is all around us in our daily lives. We utilize it at home, school, work, and streets. It is the foundation of any language, independent of culture, skill, or comprehension. Knowing how to apply grammar expands one’s vocabulary. It opens up a world of possibilities for us to interact freely, without restrictions or hesitations. Further, the essence of English grammar is tense and sentence structuring. Whether written or verbal, to let your voice be heard, you must learn the art of saying it right. To understand how to write, what verbs to use, appropriate vocabulary, and correct grammar usage, it is crucial to have the foundation for Functional English grammar. Even if you know the basics of English grammar, you still need to learn what tenses’ functionality is so that others understand and decode your message correctly. In short, learning English Grammar and Tenses helps you unlock your written communication skills.
In fact, English has an essential place in the curricula of schools, colleges, and universities. Still, its importance becomes tenfold when it comes to the entrance and competitive exams – MDCAT, ECAT, PMA, PAF, PN, GAT, SAT, GMAT, IELTS, TOEFL, CSS, PMS, etc., in Pakistan. Being a vehicle of expression and communication, all exams in Pakistan have a significant portion of functional English based on its practical usage, not on grammatical usage alone. But unfortunately, millions of competitive Pakistani students and passionate learners, who do not understand the slight difference between functional English and grammatical English, remain unable to score the desired marks. Consequently, they sometimes don’t qualify for their exams. If they, luckily, qualify for the One Paper Exams, they generally fail their descriptive papers, which can only be qualified with writing.
What is a Functional English Grammar & Writing Course?
To help Pakistani passionate English learners, entrance exam students, and CSS and PMS beginners, Sir Syed Kazim Ali, the best English writing coach in the country, has designed the Functional English Grammar & Writing Course. The course is reasonably comprehensive, helping you understand English composition well. It revises some more complex grammar points you might not have understood before – such as the uses of articles, determiners, prepositions, phrasal verbs, and tenses. Furthermore, detailed explanatory concepts and extensive practice exercises help you understand, grip, and practice English expressions upon which written communication stands. Moreover, Miss Syeda Saba, the best English Grammar coach in Pakistan, together with Miss Iqra Ali, the best blogging coach, has arranged the course by considering candidates taking competitive exams, such as CSS, PMS, FIA, ANF, ASF, IB, MOD, NAB, LAW GAT, and other one paper commission exams. The course is a set of rules and deals with the nature of parts of speech, their forms, functions, and their relations in the sentence, the building block of written and spoken communication. Further, the course helps the learners understand how grammatical errors are fixed and how appropriate vocabulary can transfer their thoughts to others on the internet or on paper. On the one hand, Miss Syeda Saba helps you comprehend concepts of English grammar from the basic to the intermediate levels that you might not have understood before – such as the uses of articles, determiners, prepositions, phrasal verbs, and tenses. Her detailed explanatory concepts and extensive practice exercises help you understand, grip, and practice English expressions upon which written communication stands. While on the other hand, Miss Iqra Ali teaches you the basics of writing, including paragraph writing, story writing, and blog writing. To help the writers stand out among thousands of English learners and writers, you are given an opportunity to get your articles published with Cssprepforum, Howfiv, and Howwrites.
- Coaches Name
Sir Syed Kazim Ali
Miss Syeda Saba
Miss Iqra Ali
Miss Minahil Mohsin
- Course Availability
August, November, February
- Course Timings
Morning (After 12 p.m.)
Evening (After 5.30 p.m.)
- Course Starts On
1st of the each month
- Lecture Modality
Online (Via Zoom)
- Lectures Per Week
3 to 4 Lessons
- Course Duration
A 3-Month Course
- Available Seats
15 to 20 Seats
- Class Size
15 Students a Class
- Course Fee
Rs. 7,000/m (for the evening session)
Rs. 6,000/m (for the morning session)
- Admins’ WhatsApp Number
What will you learn in this course?
As the course is specifically designed for elementary and intermediate students, you will learn the following in the class.
- ✓English Grammar (Basic to Advance)
- ✓Voices & Narrations
- ✓Articles & Prepositions Usage
- ✓Parts of Speech Identifications
- ✓Sentence Structuring
- ✓Sentence Corrections
- ✓Sentence Improvements
- ✓Modal Verbs Usage
- ✓Basics of Paragraph Writing
- ✓Blog Writing
- ✓Story Writing
What else will you get in the course?
Whoever qualifies for the final test conducted by Sir Syed Kazim Ali will be allowed to publish their thoughts on CPF or Howfiv websites – Pakistan’s top sites visited by millions of students.
Words, especially parts of speech and vocabulary with their appropriate uses, are the essential components of English communication, and as such, understanding their functions is paramount. Apart from it, knowing how to use proper words, structures, and expressions in sentences contextually is also vitally important for English learners. The Functional English Grammar and Writing Course is designed to help students concentrate on the appropriate usage of parts of speech in their daily writings. By making students understand the grammatically proper use of words in various contexts, the course helps entrance and competitive students and professionals give their writing skills a zenith. Hence, the course outline is as follows:
Lecture – 1: Sentence
- ✓What is a sentence?
- ✓The Parts of a Sentences
- ✓What is a subject? (Basic to Advanced)
- ✓Subjects Connectors (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓Sentence Varieties
- ✓Important Punctuation
Lecture – 2: Parts of Speech (Noun)
- ✓Kinds of Noun
- ✓Characteristics of Noun (Case)
Lecture – 3: Parts of Speech (Pronoun)
- ✓Personal Pronouns
- ✓Indefinite Pronouns
- ✓Interrogative Pronouns
- ✓Quantitative Pronouns
- ✓Relative Pronouns
- ✓Reflexive Pronouns
- ✓Emphatic/Intensive Pronouns
- ✓Demonstrative Pronouns
- ✓Distributive Pronouns
Lecture – 4: Parts of Speech (Verb)
- ✓Transitive Verb
- ✓Double Transitive
- ✓Transitive Verbs of Incomplete Predication
- ✓Intransitive Verb
- ✓Linking Verb
- ✓Conjugation of Verb
- ✓Finite & Non Finite Forms of Verbs
Lecture – 5: Parts of Speech (Adjective)
- ✓Positions of Adjective
- ✓Adjectives in Sentence
- ✓Adjective of Quality
- ✓Adjective & Preposition
- ✓Quantitative Adjectives
- ✓Demonstrative Adjectives
- ✓Distributive Adjectives
- ✓Proper Adjectives
- ✓Possessive Adjectives
- ✓Order of Adjectives
- ✓Irregular Comparisons
Lecture – 6: Parts of Speech (Adverb)
- ✓ Adverbs Modifying Verbs (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Adverb or Preposition (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Adverbs Modifying Adverbs (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ The Place of Adverb (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Adverbs of Frequency (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Order of Adverb (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Adverbs of Opinion (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Adverbs of Degree (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Interrogative Adverbs (Rules, Errors & Usage)
Lecture – 7: Parts of Speech (Preposition)
- ✓ Adverb or Preposition
- ✓ Usage of some Important Prepositions
Lecture – 8: Parts of Speech (Conjunction)
- ✓ Coordinating Conjunctions (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Subordinating Conjunctions (Rules, Errors & Usage)
Lecture – 9: Parts of Speech (Interjection)
Lecture – 10: Parts of Speech (Verbal)
- ✓ The Gerund (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Infinitives (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ The Participle (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Present Participle (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Past Participle (Rules, Errors & Usage)
Lecture – 11: Parts of Speech (Revision)
- ✓ Summary of Parts of Speech
Lecture – 12: Parts of Speech (Revision)
- ✓ Words Used as Different Parts of Speech
Lecture – 13: The Article, Rules, Errors & Usage
- ✓ Indefinite Articles
- ✓ The Definite Article
- ✓ No Article is Needed
- ✓ Model Sentences
Lecture – 14: Model Sentences
- ✓ Noun (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Pronoun (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Verb (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Adjective (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Adverb (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Preposition (Rules, Errors & Usage)
- ✓ Conjunction (Rules, Errors & Usage)
Lecture – 15: Punctuation
- ✓ What are Punctuation Marks?
- ✓ Punctuation Marks used at the end of the Sentence
- ✓ Punctuation Marks used within the Sentences
Lecture – 16: The Tenses
- ✓ The Tenses
- ✓ Present Tense
- ✓ Present Continuous Tense
- ✓ Present Perfect Tense
- ✓ Present Perfect Continuous Tense
- ✓ Past Tense
- ✓ Past Continuous Tense
- ✓ Past Perfect Tense
- ✓ Past Perfect Continuous Tense
- ✓ Future Tense
- ✓ Future Continuous Tense
- ✓ Future Perfect Tense
- ✓ Future Perfect Continuous Tense
Lecture – 17: Conditional Sentences
Lecture – 18: Model Verbs & Usage
Lecture – 19: Active Voice & Passive Voice
Lecture – 20: Direct & Indirect Speech
Lecture – 21: The Syntax & Analysis of Sentences
Mood, Phrases, Clauses, Synthesis & Transformation
Lecture – 22: Comprehension
Lecture – 23: Precis
Lecture – 24: Paragraph Writing
Lecture – 25: Blog Writing
Lecture – 26: Story Writing
- ✓ 400 Vocabulary Words (By Sir Syed Kazim Ali)
- ✓ 300 Modern Vocabulary Words (By Sir Syed Kazim Ali)
- ✓ Synonyms & Antonyms (By Sir Syed Kazim Ali)
- ✓ Homophones (By Sir Syed Kazim Ali)
- ✓ Idiomatic Expressions (By Sir Syed Kazim Ali)
- ✓ Important Phrasal Verb (By Sir Syed Kazim Ali)
- ✓ Confused Words (By Sir Syed Kazim Ali)
- ✓ One Word Substitution (By Sir Syed Kazim Ali)
- ✓ Important Proverbs (By Sir Syed Kazim Ali)
- ✓ Important English Expressions (By Sir Syed Kazim Ali)
- ✓ Important Similes & Metaphors (By Sir Syed Kazim Ali)
By the end, students will be able to:
- ✓Understand the basics and functionality of English grammar and writing.
- ✓Improve their writing by understanding and comprehending the rules of grammar and its usage.
- ✓Master the use of the English language by learning the parts of speech, correct punctuation, and sentence and paragraph structure.
- ✓Learn to avoid fragments, run-on sentences, and comma splices.
- ✓Master subject-verb agreement.
- ✓Be empowered by writing clearly, more effectively, and with confidence and grace.
- ✓Learn how to write paragraphs.
- ✓Develop the command of grammar and language necessary to succeed in higher education or teach effectively in elementary, middle, and/or secondary schools.
- ✓Increase the likelihood of job advancement and promotion because of their NEW command of English Grammar and basic writing.
- ✓Take IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, GAT, GMAT, FPSC, PPSC, SPSC, BPSC, AJKPSC, GBPSC, KPPSC, NTS, and other competitive and entrance exams.
How to join the course?
Any interested, passionate English learner can register himself or herself for the Course by contacting any of the course admins on WhatsApp