“PAKISTAN RICH IN NATURAL RESOURCES BUT POOR IN ITS MANAGEMENT”
BY: MUHAMMAD ADEEL
SLIDES PDF Link is available at the bottom of this post
What are Natural Resources
- Natural resources are derived from the environment, Some of them are essential for our survival while most are used for satisfying our wants.
- People do not make natural resources, but gather them from the earth.
- Some Examples of natural resources are air, water, copper, wood, oil, wind energy, hydro-electric energy, iron, and coal. Refined oil is not a natural resource because people make it.
Pakistan Natural Resources
Natural Resources play an Important role in the development of the Economy of a Country.
Pakistan is one of resource rich countries in the world having a large amount of coal, gas, gemstones, copper, minerals and gold reserves.
Other resources also included oil, iron, titanium and aluminum which are a necessity for any growing economy.
Some Major Resources of Pakistan
Some Major Resources of Pakistan are:
- Oil and Gas
- Agricultural Crops
- Power and Energy
Coal which is also named as black gold is found into huge quantities in Thar, Chamalang, Quetta and other sites.
There is enough coal in Pakistan Thar area (though a part of coal is not of good quality) that it can be used for power generation for next 100 years without relaying on other i.e. hydro / oil resources.
check Also: English Grammar MCQs
Natural gas production is at a high level in Pakistan.
Estimated reserves are 885.3 billion cubic meters (as of January 2009).
Gas fields are expected to last for another 20 years.
Pakistan has more than 326 million barrels of oil the Senate was told on Wednesday 29 January 2009.
Salt is being minned in the region since 320 BC.
Khewra Salt Mines are among world oldest and biggest salt mines.
Other Important resources
- Copper & gold.
- Other Metals.
- Poor political system.
- Lack of awareness.
- Lack of infrastructures.
- Personal gains.
The Solution of mismanagement
- A perfect judicial system.
- Right to information.
- Small Efforts by each one of us.
- Stepping aside from USA and their funds.
- Proper check and balance.
- Identifying the dirty fishes in the pond.
- Hard Work.
Before you leave this page please other useful CSS Notes Collections
- DAWN News Vocabulary with Urdu Meaning (July 2023) PDF
- Unveiling Pakistan’s Nuclear Capabilities
- Science Myths Exposed: Unraveling the Truth Behind Them
- Commonly Misused Words and How to Avoid Them
- Mastering English Grammar: Essential Tips Inside
- Allama Iqbal’s Contribution to Islamic Thought and Literature
- The Asian Development Bank’s Investment in Pakistan: A Review
- The Future of Pakistan’s Defence System: Prospects and Challenges
- The Top 10 English Grammar Rules You Need to Know
- China-Russia Relations and the US-China-Russia Triangle