WELCOME TO CSS TIMES DAY BY DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS, YOUR BEST SOURCE FOR UP-TO-DATE AND DAILY TOP CURRENT AFFAIRS 2018 FOR PREPARATION OF CSS, PMS, BANKING, NTS, RAILWAYS AND ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS. “DAY TO DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS” BASICALLY IS TOP 10 NEWS SUMMARY ON CURRENT HAPPENINGS OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANCE FOR ALL EXAMINATIONS
April 2, 2018
- Indian troops kill 17 in held Kashmir
- Twenty people were killed in India-held Kashmir in some of the fiercest clashes this year in the region, as authorities braced for more violence.
- Thirteen Kashmiris described by Indian authorities as militants and three Indian soldiers died in several clashes south of Srinagar.
- Another four Kashmiris were killed and scores of others injured when police opened fire on thousands of demonstrators who poured onto the streets, throwing stones and chanting slogans against Indian occupation.
- In Islamabad, Pakistan condemned the brutal and indiscriminate use of force by the Indian forces.
- Ankara ready to host Pak-Afghan-Turkish summit: envoy
- Turkish Ambassador Mustafa Yurdalcul has said that his country is looking forward to hosting the Pakistan-Afghanistan Turkey summit for peace, stability and better relations between the neighbouring countries.
- Talking to reporters here after visiting the Taxila Museum and Buddhist remains on April 1, 2018. Turkey being a close friend of Pakistan and Afghanistan as well as chair of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) would continue to play a constructive and peaceful role in addressing issues faced by Muslim countries.
- Pakistan thrash West Indies in first T20
- Pakistan thrashed a depleted West Indies side by 143 runs in the first Twenty20 on April 1, 2018 at the National Stadium in Karachi, the first international match in the city for nine years.
- Pakistan, the world’s top-ranked T20 side, equalled their highest total in the format of 203-5 in 20 overs before bowling the West Indies out for their lowest-ever T20 total 60 runs in 13.4 overs.
- Gen Bajwa for strong ties with Maldives
- Pakistan’s Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa on April 1, 2018 became the first foreign dignitary to visit the Maldives after the 45-day emergency was lifted last month.
- According to Maldives government website, Bajwa paid a “courtesy call” on President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom Sunday morning at the latter’s office.
- Noting that Pakistan and the Maldives are two “brotherly Muslim nations”, Bajwa underlined the need for further cultivating existing ties of friendship and deepening cooperation in all fields.
- Indian scientists lose contact with satellite
- Hameed Haroon elected APNS president
- The All Pakistan Newspapers Society (APNS) has unanimously elected Hameed Haroon as president of the society.
- Kazi Asad Abid was elected as senior vice-president, Mehtab Khan as vice-president, Sarmad Ali as secretary general, Bilal Mehmood as joint secretary and Waseem Ahmed as finance secretary of the society for the year 2018-19.
- KMU student selected youngest scientist from Pakistan
- Dr Muhammad Salman H Qurishi was selected as the youngest scientist from Pakistan to participate in the 68th Lindau Laureate meeting in medicine that will take place from 24th to 29th June in Lindau, Germany.
- Only 600 most qualified young scientists from all across the world are able to get the opportunity to enrich and share the unique atmosphere of the Lindau Noble Laureates meeting.
- Once every year, about 30 Noble Laureates convene in Lindau to meet the next generation of leading scientist, around 500-600 post graduates, PhD students and post-doc researchers from all over the world.
- Bahrain makes largest oil discovery in its history
- Bahrain on April 1, 2018 announced it has discovered the largest oil and gas field in the history of the small kingdom, which unlike its Gulf neighbours is not energy-rich.
- Authorities estimate the newfound reserves at “many times” the volume of Bahrain’s only other known oil field.
- Russian governor resigns over mall blaze
- The longtime governor of a Russian region where a huge mall inferno killed dozens of people, most of them children resigned on April 1, 2018 after bitter criticism over his response to the tragedy.
- Aman Tuleyev, who had been at the helm of the coal-mining region of Kemerovo since 1997, said in a video address that he could no longer remain at his post with “such a heavy burden” and that quitting was “the only right choice”.
- The Kremlin swiftly said that President Vladimir Putin had accepted his resignation.
- South Punjab to have four fish hatcheries
- Punjab Fisheries Department is establishing four fish hatcheries in Multan division with an objective to promote protein rich food in the region.
- The new fish hatcheries are being made, two in Khanewal, one each in Lodhran and Vehari.
- South Punjab is rich in production of fish, about 80 percent of the Fish was produced in Multan, Khanewal and Muzaffargarh.
Watch Video: 25 Preparation Tips on How to Study for CSS at home
Check our daily updated ‘s Complete Day by Day Current Affairs Notes MCQs
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 14 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 13 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 11 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 10 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 09 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 08 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 06 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 05 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 04 2023) for CSS
- Daily Top-10 Current Affairs MCQs / News (Jan 03 2023) for CSS
Leave a Comment